after market parts

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
campbosshassi
MGF Register Region: Europe

after market parts

Post by campbosshassi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:30 am

I have just passed the MOT here in Spain.
However because I have had a Daytona exhaust fitted they have asked for a certificate or proof that it is a part approved and or conforms to the original mg part.
The mot station has passed it this year but assures me they will fail it next year if I cant come up with some sort of conformity certificate.
Has anyone come up against this sort of thing in other EU countries.

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: after market parts

Post by c13amb » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:12 pm

If it was me I would get myself a standard zorst ...just for MOT time!! It's a bit of messing about but many people do this sort of thing with decats and change again afterwards!!...just a thought!!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Post by daz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:44 pm

I don't think you'll get a certificate, as has been mentioned just drop another exhaust on for the ITV, it doesn't take long at all once it's been done for the first time.

Mykel
Regional Rep
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Here in Germany the situation is quite similar, officially you will need either a certificate or a type approval number (e-number) stamped into the part itself. Some stations are quite fussy, others look at it in a more - uhm - “liberal” kind of way. I simply don’t use the fussy ones any more …
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

campbosshassi

Post by campbosshassi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks for the replies, I will try another station that is more friendly and it fails I will swop out each year.