MG TF front upper suspension arm.

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

MG TF front upper suspension arm.

Post by daz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm replacing the front upper arm & pivot pin on a 2002 TF, but it all fell apart when I took the pin out. Does anyone know where number 43 (Thrust washer outer) in the diagram goes? Is it inside the subframe next to the arm?

Thanks.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID018903

mgtfnut
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: TF 135

Re: MG TF front upper suspension arm.

Post by mgtfnut » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:51 am

I've not done it myself yet, but logic etc would infer that is indeed inside the subframe to take thrust loadings, as it's name suggests.
I would suggest a trial fit, and I'm sure everything will be self evident ;)

I'm still waiting for mine to show wear, but with regular greasing and 80+k, no sign yet of any wear.

Good luck.
Jerry
MG TF 135 - 100k
Suzuki SJ 413 - 309k
Skoda Yeti SE 110 4x4 - 131k

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Re: MG TF front upper suspension arm.

Post by daz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:20 pm

yes, it does go between the arm & sub frame, nice simple job really.