radio and clock stopped working

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
bennyboy
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire

radio and clock stopped working

Post by bennyboy » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 am

Hi all
The clock and radio/cd have stopped working, is there a fuse or something i should look at?
thank you.

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Re: radio and clock stopped working

Post by daz » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 am

Yep, fuse 12 under the steering wheel. it's the bottom row furthest right & should be 15a.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 pm

It may have fused due to a damaged wire behind the radio.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

RobboMC
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: 1999 Mpi

Post by RobboMC » Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 am

Clock is on same fuse as interior lights, if they work when door is opened then it's not the fuse.

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri May 26, 2017 7:53 am

Thank you everyone for your replies. Just checked, the interior lights dont work, so i will change the fuse when i get home from work tonight. It would be nice to have some music as i tour Bournemouth and the New Forest tomorrow!. Will let you know what happens.
Thanks steve

bennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Thanks guys, it was the fuse.