Oil leak, need your help guys

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
MGTFMAN
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MG FT 115 Sunstorm

Oil leak, need your help guys

Post by MGTFMAN » Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi everyone, right I had a new clutch in 2 months ago and now got a oil leak. Been under the car today and found out where it's coming from. Sorry pics are not brilliant. When I change gear the piston goes back and fourth, that's where it's leaking from. Now would they of had to mess with this and if so would they sort it out? Had it done at welovemgf.
Attachments
IMAG1309.jpg
IMAG1308.jpg
IMAG1307.jpg
MG TF Sunstorm, Citroen DS3 and range rover evoque.

nickmitchell38
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MY VVC

Re: Oil leak, need your help guys

Post by nickmitchell38 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi, difficult to see but are you sure that's where it's coming from as from the pics it looks like it's coming from above. However if your sure then CDU71L from Rimmer bros is a selector shaft seal.
Nick

MGTFMAN
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MG FT 115 Sunstorm

Post by MGTFMAN » Mon May 29, 2017 8:12 am

Yes I'm almost positive. Is it a do it yourself job?
MG TF Sunstorm, Citroen DS3 and range rover evoque.

nickmitchell38
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MY VVC

Post by nickmitchell38 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:16 am

I've not done this one before but would expect it to be a tap out tap in seal. Slide back the gaiter and have a look see

BodgeItAndScarper
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by BodgeItAndScarper » Tue May 30, 2017 12:34 am

MGTFMAN wrote:Yes I'm almost positive. Is it a do it yourself job?
Linking the workshop manual apparently isn't done around here, but if you do happen to track down a copy through some arcane witchcraft like google, or buy one from the (I'm sure) excellent sources the MG club recommends - as per forum rules - it's agreeably comprehensive.

(Joking aside, I'd check an online copy to make sure this particular job is in there before you buy just for this, but in general a paper copy is worth every penny and then some.)