Clutch cylinder rubbers

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
BodgeItAndScarper
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Clutch cylinder rubbers

Post by BodgeItAndScarper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 am

I see NOS clutch (slave) cylinder seals are available on the Ebay for around a tenner. I'm not sure I trust 20 y/o rubber parts, though, and that also seems a bit steep for what they are. Are there any alternatives? Are the rubbers interchangeable with those from any other car/model?

BodgeItAndScarper

Re: Clutch cylinder rubbers

Post by BodgeItAndScarper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Alternatively, has anyone fitted a set recently and had them work fine?

BodgeItAndScarper

Post by BodgeItAndScarper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Hmm. My clutch cylinder says LB06MZ042AD on it, which Google says is a TF part. Does that mean it's been replaced at some point? Does it take the same seals?

RSR92
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: MGF 1.8MPi MY2000

Post by RSR92 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 am

I ordered mine from dimmers and they were absolutely fine, not very expensive either

As for the differing part numbers I couldn't tell you I know that the earlier models had a clutch damper fitted and the newer ones don't but as far as I know they used the same master and slave cylinders throughout
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

Chris Tideswell
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Chris Tideswell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 am

I doubt that the parts will be 20 years old if bought from an Xpart Centre such as Rimmers, as with anything from eBay it there will be a touch of pot-luck.

BodgeItAndScarper

Post by BodgeItAndScarper » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks, I ordered from Rimmers in the end, hopefully they'll be here soon enough to drive the car in this weather :)

Anyway, that explains why I was having so much trouble bleeding the clutch, huh?