maxi scan ms309 obd 2 reader.

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
p38
MGF Register Region: North Wales
Model of Car: 1.8i 135

maxi scan ms309 obd 2 reader.

Post by p38 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi all as the title says i have one of these and i am trying to use it on my mgtf 2002 135 model because my engine management light has come on yet the car still runs sweet , when i connect it it doesn't connect yet ive done what it says in the booklet has anyone used one of these readers and did you have any problems getting it to read your car.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: maxi scan ms309 obd 2 reader.

Post by talkingcars » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Why did you buy this particular scanner?
Did it say it was Rover compatible?
Some scanners do not have the correct power contact wired up.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

p38
MGF Register Region: North Wales
Model of Car: 1.8i 135

Post by p38 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:22 am

Yes it said it was rover and mg compatible as well as other makes.

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 am

Do you have access to any other car you can try it on?
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Walrus

Post by Walrus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi,

Did you buy it from Ebay china ? I ask as I purchased a Maxi scan, it powered up when connected to the vehicle but when disconnected would not store or display the info from the vehicle on its screen nor onto my computer (not on my MGF as not OBD 2 compatable).
Agree with comments to try it on another vehicle.
Would strongly advise that if it was purchased from Ebay china then contact then straight away and raise an Ebay complaint / dispute, if seller accepts and advises you return it to them whatever you do make sure you pay for and obtain tracked overseas receipt from Royal Mail. It is expensive but worth it. I did not and lost not only my postage but also the purchase price.