TF LE500 Oil temperature gauge repair.

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
David Booker
MGF Register Region: South East

TF LE500 Oil temperature gauge repair.

Post by David Booker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Hello, I have seen information on other forums on how to,use an earlier TF gauge to repair the LE500 oil,temp gauge but does anyone know of a firm in the UK which is able to refurbish and get working the La500 vetsion of this gauge?

Thanks,
David B

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Re: TF LE500 Oil temperature gauge repair.

Post by Reckless Rat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:34 am

David,
What exactly is wrong with the oil temp gauge? Even the Rover ones are VERY basic, vague and not really much cop. I wouldn't bother wasting much money on repairing such an unreliable item. It's one of those things that if you didn't have one you wouldn't miss it.

All I ever do is (from cold) drive steadily keeping the revs below 3000rpm (mainly) for the first ten miles or so. That usually gives the engine and its oil time to thoroughly warm through and then you can apply a bit more throttle, with gusto.