TF 160 Low idling speed

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
AndyMaltese
MGF Register Region: Europe

TF 160 Low idling speed

Post by AndyMaltese » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi guys,

I 've finally put all the pieces back together again after a complete body re-spray and came to the part of starting it up and driving it out the garage after several months on axle stands. The car was fine before and I started it up a few times in the last few months and it always worked fine but now it won't hold a proper idling speed and just stall. If I keep my foot on the accelerator and rev it up to around 1000rpm it's ok but the moment I let my foot of the pedal the rev counter just drops to 0 and it just stalls again. I let it warm up to normal running temperature but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas what it could be? :(

NapalmNick
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: TF 160 Low idling speed

Post by NapalmNick » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi mate.
I am new round here so could be talking nooboid but could it be you need thia idle reset procedure?
http://forums.mg-rover.org/#/topics/308503

Trying to help i expect someone more experienced will be along very soon!
Goid luck

AndyMaltese
MGF Register Region: Europe

Re: TF 160 Low idling speed

Post by AndyMaltese » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 am

Could be mate,

will look into it.