Should my Mgtf have central locking

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
Roverlike
MGF Register Region: Europe

Re: Should my Mgtf have central locking

Post by Roverlike » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:24 am

Pektron fobs does not use same system for communication with alarm box, and when changing battery you do not need to make any re-sync of fob, like in case with Lucas one. All Pektron fobs works the same on TFs and other MG-Rover cars equipped with Pektron alarm system. Of course, not all TFs have Pektron system installed. Early ones have Lucas system.

ArntyR
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 2010 TF135 Style

Re: Should my Mgtf have central locking

Post by ArntyR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am

Something I didn't know + good to share.