Windows Stuck down

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
AndyMaltese
MGF Register Region: Europe

Windows Stuck down

Post by AndyMaltese » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

Have a little problem with my 2002 160 TF.
Took it out a week ago and drove it for a few hours. Put the windows down and parked it in my garage again. Once in the garage, I disconnected the battery (with windows down). A week later, I reconnect the battery, everything works fine but the windows are dead and won't come up. Fuses are ok.
Any ideas? :thumbsu:

AndyMaltese
MGF Register Region: Europe

Re: Windows Stuck down

Post by AndyMaltese » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi guys, I have an update on the situation. So I found out that the engine bay fan wasn't working either by doing the test (removing socket from engine bay temp sensor). Checked the fuse box and found the fuse for the fan blown. Replaced it and windows started working. However, the moment I tested the fan again, the fuse blew. Any ideas what could be causing this? Short circuited fan? problem with wiring? Is this a common problem? :thumbsu:

Cheers

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: Windows Stuck down

Post by nigelandjo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Seized fan?
Nigel May
Vice Chairman, Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319