air con condenser

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
RobboMC
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: 1999 Mpi

air con condenser

Post by RobboMC » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:55 am

Does anyone know where I can get a new air con condenser?

I can get the entire heating assembly from Rimmers, but that seems excessive just to get the condenser.

EnSea
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Re: air con condenser

Post by EnSea » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:07 pm

Rimmers list them separately on their website?

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID018852

Any good?
Neil

RobboMC

Re: air con evaporator

Post by RobboMC » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:37 am

In that case I need the other one, that goes under the dash,
is it called an evaporator?

EnSea
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by EnSea » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:56 am

Yes, the evaporator goes under the dash.
As far as I know it only is available as a complete unit.

Fraser
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Fraser » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:48 pm

In cases like this, you need to find out if the evaporator is used in any other MG Rover cars, so you can possibly find a used one. However, the Rimmers price of £180 doesn't look bad to me, there are some really expensive prices if you search. The Rimmer price is for NOS, so new, but been on a warehouse shelf rather a long time.

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:33 am

I would have thought that there should be an A/C shop that could sujest or rven make up something. My cables that adjust the heating have rusted in the on position so finding it hard to get cooling!
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

RobboMC

Post by RobboMC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:21 am

Andrew Regens wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:33 am
I would have thought that there should be an A/C shop that could suggest or even make up something. My cables that adjust the heating have rusted in the on position so finding it hard to get cooling!
I tried the local A/C shop first, they looked up the computer and said " not available". I don't thin k they tried too hard.

Any local suggestions??