Headlight bulbs

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
Fletch29
MGF Register Region: North Wales

Headlight bulbs

Post by Fletch29 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Having read reports (in Auto express etc) about new Philips X-treme "80% brighter bulbs" I 've just ordered a pair of H7s. Has anybody else tried them Are they worth changing to and do the lights need setting up after the change.
Thanks M

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: Headlight bulbs

Post by Helsbyman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:47 pm

hi 80% brighter yes but don't think u will see any further and no adjustment is necessary hope your car is not a TF as some sites quote h7 bulbs but tfs use hb3a main beam :thumbsu:
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Fletch29
MGF Register Region: North Wales

Post by Fletch29 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 pm

I was hoping for a response from someone who had actually tried the bulbs ( as a number of motoring mags have, with impressive results). yes i have a TF , since I quoted H7s I assumed everybody would know I meant dipped beam!!

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Post by Helsbyman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 pm

i have up rated dip beam bulbs on my car but at the end of the day main beam is best to see with, also for the record i too have a tf, as for mags saying some thing is good they first think of the possible loss of advertising if they knock things like up rated bulbs as every one has a different view on these things. get them see what you think i was disappointed
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D