key in the boot

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
smockinjoe
MGF Register Region: Midlands

key in the boot

Post by smockinjoe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:58 pm

ive locked my only key and fob in the boot,its all panic now,is there a way in ? im at my wits end, :( Joe

Green Squirrel
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: 1996 1.8i

Re: key in the boot

Post by Green Squirrel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:09 pm

There is a way in BUT for security purposes we do not like to see it published on the WWW - send an e-mail or message to Scarlet Fever and I am sure he will help you.

Ralph
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Rover 420 T16 turbo

Post by Ralph » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:21 pm

If you have your key number recorded with the book pack you can get a new key from your local XPart parts dealer. Alternatively, they can get the key number from the chassis number, but there will be an additional charge for this.

Geoff.F

Post by Geoff.F » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Have you driven home yet ??
It is not difficult for a good mechanic to access the boot and release the lock *post edited - giving any oiks the way to break into your car*
The AA will open the boot for you but however the damage may be nothing to too much.
Part of my Annual Service includes changing the batteries but also to check the functioning of the Door Access Code to over-ride the immobiliser. In addition, for any away from home trip, Ann must show the spare key that she carries.
Geoff F.
Last edited by James Curgenven on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't post how to break into the boot, offer the information via PM or Email.

petevick
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by petevick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 am

nice one Geoff, care to read Green Squirrel's post and then amend yours
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

smockinjoe

Re: key in the boot ,thanks

Post by smockinjoe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks everyone, I thought it was the end of the world, but i just got another cut at a locksmiths using the key number,only £10 ,i will get a new alarm fob next,i must learn that if you put things off, they come back and bite you, cheers Joe :thumbsu:

Mark L
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Mark L » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 pm

petevick wrote:nice one Geoff, care to read Green Squirrel's post and then amend yours
....... or a little Moderator adjustment would do the trick..........PLEASE??.. ;)

petevick
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by petevick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:53 am

PM sent to James
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

James Curgenven
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MG ZT 260 SE #455

Post by James Curgenven » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:17 am

Post edited.

Please refrain from posting anything on a public forum that could allow any Tom Dick or Harry to access our cars, thanks.
---
Loud & Proud!