PROBLEM FITTING REAR SPEAKERS WITH MK3 BOXTER HOOPS HELP!

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
SILVER FOX
MGF Register Region: Midlands

PROBLEM FITTING REAR SPEAKERS WITH MK3 BOXTER HOOPS HELP!

Post by SILVER FOX » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:11 pm

:( I HAVE FITTED MIKE SATURS MK3 BOXTER HOOPS BUT THE SPEAKER MAGNET WON'T FIT BETWEEN THE BEAM & THE ENGINE PLATE.
I HAVE NOW SOLD THE GROUND ZERO SPEAKERS WHICH HAD A 75MM DIAMETER MAGNET BUT I AM LEFT WITH A 60MM GAP. A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. :rant:
I PHONED MIKE SAT & HE CAN'T HELP.
HAS ANYONE FITTED REAR 6X4 SPEAKERS WITH THE MK 3 BOXTER HOOPS IF SO CAN YOU LET US GUYS OUT HERE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE AND WHERE WE CAN PURCHASE THEM.
PS. I DO NOT WANT TO CHOP THE BEAM THUS REDUCING THE OVERALL STRENGTH.

CHEERS IN ANTICIPATION
Attachments
New Roll Hoops Fitted 004.jpg
New Roll Hoops Fitted 004.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 829 times

plrobbo
MGF Register Region: Western Australia
Model of Car: 2004 MGTF 160 LE

Re: PROBLEM FITTING REAR SPEAKERS WITH MK3 BOXTER HOOPS HELP!

Post by plrobbo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Foxy - I've fitted Mike's Roll Hoops and also has a friend of mine. We've had no problems at all fitting the original speakers back into the car. If you're fitting non original speakers, then you may have a problem. You have to remove the speakers from the plastic speaker housing and metal brace & refit them into the moulding.
Hope you've fitted all the 'bits & pieces' in the kit properly? Cheers Peter.
Eat your heart out! My car is a MGTF 160 Coupe LE - Monogram Black Olive - one of 30 in the world.

SILVER FOX

Post by SILVER FOX » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Peter
The MG TF115 doesn't come with speakers so I haven't got any originals to put back in.
The hoops, beam & windstop fitted in perfectly as did the ground zero speakers into the speaker mounts which Mike Satur supplied, the problem came when I offered the T bar back in place it would not seat in it's normal position as the magnet would not fit between the beam & engine plate ( magnet diameter 75mm ) ( space between the beam & engine plate 60mm) I have conversed with Mike who said he had some speakers in the warehouse he could sell me, unfortunately when he measured the magnet width they wouldn't fit either.
You may have hit on an idea. I don't know what make the original speakers are but if I can find out we will be one step closer.
Cheers

SILVER FOX :thumbsu:

Andrew JAZ5788
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by Andrew JAZ5788 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Mine have been in a few years, but I got a set of Blaupunkt ones that were something like these...

http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7606109008_main.asp

SILVER FOX

Post by SILVER FOX » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Andrew
Thanks for the link there is a dealer near me I will contact them tomorrow, fingers crossed.
cheers Silver Fox

plrobbo

Post by plrobbo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 am

Hi - forgot you have an F - and of course they didn't come with speakers. In my car (MGTF) I had to leave the total plastice AND steel cross bar out (The one the speakers were orinally fitted to) when fitting the Mike Satur Roll Hoops. Hope it works out nfor you.
Cheers Robbo.
Eat your heart out! My car is a MGTF 160 Coupe LE - Monogram Black Olive - one of 30 in the world.

SILVER FOX

Post by SILVER FOX » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Robbo
My MG is also a TF 2004 but the TF 115 doesn't come with speakers, three companies are now looking to help us been a few days now two companies have drawn a blank not looking good. :(
Perhaps Mike Satur should design a new beam to incorporate his hoops and that would allow speakers to fit ( good business sense )!!

plrobbo

Post by plrobbo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:58 am

Hope you get it all sorted - you can't just listen to the "rush" of the engine or the "wife" all the time! :lol: