Security Issues

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
James Curgenven
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MG ZT 260 SE #455

Security Issues

Post by James Curgenven » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:48 pm

Issues with car security

More of a guideline really, anything related to the security system of the car will be moderated off of the board. This is a free to all forum and as such can be viewed by anyone and everyone - Sadly this includes car thieves. :x

Suggested strategy

If you have a security related issue, i would suggest PM'ing a moderator, or someone who regularly posts good advice on here. Likewise, if you receive such a PM, can you try to make sure the sender is genuine before replying.
---
Loud & Proud!

karlandstace
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: Security Issues

Post by karlandstace » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi James,

I totally understand. I have just posted regarding this exact issue. Who would be a good person to talk to or best place to take our car for a prof to look at? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Karl

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Karl, unless you take it to a garage or car security firm you may get your answers at your local meeting, there are a few in the Midlands you can look them up in the relevant sections.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

karlandstace
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by karlandstace » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Thank you.

Cheers. Karl

MGAnnie
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by MGAnnie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi, I have just posted a request re bonnet opening & understand security issues. What does PM'ing mean? Annie

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Post by Neil Rushton » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:52 pm

PM'ing means send a Personal Message.
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

Helena
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by Helena » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

My MGF bonnet won't open. I think the cable has snapped. It means I can't get in to charge my battery and I need to go shopping.

Regards,

Helena

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Post by nigelandjo » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:44 pm

What happens when you pull the bonnet release? Does it move and nothing happen or is the lever stiff?
Nigel May
Vice Chairman, Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 pm

Helena wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:12 pm
Hi,

Can anyone help me?

My MGF bonnet won't open. I think the cable has snapped. It means I can't get in to charge my battery and I need to go shopping.

Regards,

Helena
Hi and welcome to the forum

You can charge the battery by connecting the charger to the positive of the starter or the alternator and the earth to the body of the car.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com