No indicators / dash lights

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
Snowman001
MGF Register Region: South East

No indicators / dash lights

Post by Snowman001 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi guys,

So i ficed my coolant leak as per my last post.

But when i turned my car back on for my first drve and ut the lights on they went out after a second almost like a fue had blown.

So no dash lights or indicators !! Also no beeping when i leave my lights on or the clicking of the indicators.

I have checked all fuse's under the steering wheel but all are fine.

What should i be looking at next ? driving with no indicators is not fun.....also i personally hate it when other people dont indicate!!!

Paul

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Re: No indicators / dash lights

Post by Reckless Rat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 pm

There are some more fuses under the bonnet....

Snowman001

Post by Snowman001 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 pm

I have checked these two but they are not for this system.... it shoudl really be fuse 1 but its not so....

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 pm

I would check fuse 1 again in the main fuse box in the car. Circuit diagram for indicators & dash lights show fuse 1 as you say & so does hand book. http://www.apttony.co.uk/Circuits/Exterior_5.JPG

If all the fuses are OK in the main fuse box in car - check the 7 fuses under the bonnet. Fuse 4 covers the hazzard warning lights.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Snowman001

Post by Snowman001 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Keith Williams wrote:I would check fuse 1 again in the main fuse box in the car. Circuit diagram for indicators & dash lights show fuse 1 as you say & so does hand book. http://www.apttony.co.uk/Circuits/Exterior_5.JPG

If all the fuses are OK in the main fuse box in car - check the 7 fuses under the bonnet. Fuse 4 covers the hazzard warning lights.
I did not understand that diagram at all :) But yes i have the mgf technical manual and it should be a fuse...... I double checked them all but they look fine.

Maybe i will move some about and see if they are dead but not melted if you knwo what i mean. But i dont think its a fuse problem :(

Need some light before i check them again