TF rear wheel arches

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
Tiger_70
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

TF rear wheel arches

Post by Tiger_70 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Got my 2003 TF back from being serviced a couple of weeks ago and just noticed that there appear to be a cover or liner missing from each of the rear wheel arches (towards the front) there appears to be more of the suspension on view than I remember previously. I am looking for a link to a picture of the rear wheel arches with all the components in place to se what is missing.

stux99
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF/TF Steppy/MGGS/3

Re: TF rear wheel arches

Post by stux99 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Not sure about the nearside but there is a removeable panel on the off side forward of the "axle" which gives access to alternator belt/pulley, can easily be mislaid if reoved for service.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

Difficult to say - but there isn't a great deal of trim inside the rear wheel arches; unlike the front ones, there is no liner - just the belt cover that Stu mentions. And there is a wheel arch lip cover too, which should always be replaced...

Take some pictures, and let's see whether some eagle eyed soul can pick out what's gone AWOL...

Tiger_70
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by Tiger_70 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks. At the weelend when the light is OK I will take the wheels off and take some photos.