where to get Hydragas pumped up ????

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
SteveRat
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: 1.8i

Re: where to get Hydragas pumped up ????

Post by SteveRat » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 pm

In Cheshire Tarporley Service Centre, CW6 9UR
Telephone : 01829 733737 or 01829 732253

hughlin
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by hughlin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:59 pm

for anyone near York, I got mine done at Greenway Garage, Newton on Ouse, YO30 2DB; 01347 848414. They'd had to be asked in advance and dig out the kit and test it, but when I went there they did a good quick job. Very satidfied! Now they have it out of the back cupboard, they would happily do more if needed!

hugh

ewyasrover
MGF Register Region: South Wales

Post by ewyasrover » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Does anyone know of a garage in the Hereford/ Abergavenny area that has a hydragas pump? My mgf suspension is currently at 13.75 inches (350mm), is this inside the acceptable boundaries?

flyingbanana
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by flyingbanana » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 pm

I have a liquid levers pump in Ripon.

weatherforcast
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire

Post by weatherforcast » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 pm

i have a sterling pump, based in south beds/herts area, I'm available eves and weekends

Cashpoint2749
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Mgf 1.8

Post by Cashpoint2749 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi all,

Is there anyone in the salisbury/amesbury area that would be willing to borrow/rent a pump to me. My 99 F has had a refurb so no fluid in the suspension at all and can't drive to a garage, local garages are reluctant to rent there's to me. I've bought fluid which should be hear tomorrow am, and I've got the rest of the week off work so available almost the rest of the week.

REgards
Andy

adrianvvc
MGF Register Region: South Midlands

Post by adrianvvc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:57 pm

I have a liquid levers pump/vacuum in East Northants.

Cashpoint2749

Post by Cashpoint2749 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:40 am

Hi Adrian thanks for the reply.

Where abouts in north hants are you?

David Dixon
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:44 am

For clarification, I think it is Northamptonshire, not north Hampshire

Cashpoint2749

Post by Cashpoint2749 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Aahh gotcha that may be a bit far for me. Thanks for the clarification David although it does say salisbury on the original post.

David Dixon
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Yes, did notice that which is why I posted. Here is the link which you may have already seen to the Hydrogas Register, which hopefully will allow you to find someone local to you.
http://hydragas.co.uk/

Cashpoint2749

Post by Cashpoint2749 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:08 pm

Fantastic thank you David.

RSR92
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: MGF 1.8MPi MY2000

Post by RSR92 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Both Autostation and Everest Motors in Tewkesbury offer the Service. I would highly recommend Everest motors to anyone local. Steve is a hell of a chap and has been working on cars since before I was born. Knows his stuff about all classics and always does an amazing job at a very reasonable price. I think it was £36 for the Regas on my 'F'.
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

Cashpoint2749

Post by Cashpoint2749 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Thank you for the reply, do you know if he'd be willing to rent me his pump as my f isn't moving anywhere as there is no fluid in it at all so the floor of the car is literally sitting on the floor. Plus it has no MOT.

Regards

Andy

hammond
Model of Car: VVC Freestyle

Post by hammond » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Not wanting to drag old posts up but does anyone know how easy it is to remove these Hydrogas units?
I'm thinking of sending them off for repair and just wondered if my limited knowledge of MGF's would allow me to dismantle them myself. I'm not a mechanic by trade but know my around a tool kit.

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Hammond - Funnily enough I have been researching this myself - there is plenty of info and even several guides to removing them and it is a job that you or I could have a crack at, although many people suggest buying a used set off ebay and sending them off to be modified if you have an interest in keeping the car on the road in the meantime.

There is a seller on ebay who offers the service with fitting in a 2 day turnaround; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351877281289? ... EBIDX%3AIT

from what I remember the fitting is only around an extra £200 on top of the £100 per unit and they offer a discount for a set of 4.
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:11 am

After checking their response to me on Ebay pricing is as follows; The cost for re-gasing four displacers is £350 which includes return postage, this is a discount of £50 for having all four done.

We are based in Telford, Shropshire and we offer a full removal, re-gasing, refitting and pump up service for an extra £130 or you can remove the units or have them removed from the car and either send or deliver them to us. The choice is yours.

hammond
Model of Car: VVC Freestyle

Post by hammond » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

That's funny as I had already contacted them and got the same quotes. Their procedure sounds good but it's just getting the car there ;)

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:02 am

Yeah my game plan will be to get the cash together and then I may book a hotel somewhere for the two days it'll take them and me and the girlfriend can turn it into a mid week holiday!

Charless
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Post by Charless » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:55 am

Having done the job a couple of months back I would highly recommend regassing.
I sent the 'extra' 4 spheres by Parcelforce (about £11, registered) and so could one-for-one the returned items when fitting. Access is the usual irritation, some are easy others less so - luckily for me I had access to a 2 post lift and knowledgeable supervisor - but it is doable in just a few hours with a trolley jack. The connecting pressure lines seal with an O ring at each sphere so no need for huge torque undoing or doing them back up to seal 400psi. It is the brackets which are the most trouble in the entire job - they use four fixings per sphere - two bolts into captive nuts and two nut-and-bolts on each bracket - simultaneous access to both sides of the nut-and-bolt is the problem. Why not 4 captive nuts on each?
Pumping the fluid back in doesn't need a vacuum - you just pump it fully to pressure then release it and all the air is expelled before the last of the fluid. Then pump it back to pressure (not height) and enjoy your 'as new' magic carpet ride!