selling my mgf

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
dann
MGF Register Region: South Wales

selling my mgf

Post by dann » Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 pm

have to sell my mgf,not happy about it but cant afford to run/keep it.
anyways,i bought it running,having just had its head gasket changed,within two days it failed to start,plus when it did start it ran lumpy and rough.
so changed the coil,ht leads,plugs,dizzy,rotor arm,idle air control valve.now runs spot on.
bought it for 550,nowing it would need a rear screen,as its cut about 3 inches,and fixed with tape,plus its really blurred.
the handbrake comes up high,and the srs light comes on now and then,plus i think the ride height could do with pumping up.
other than that its a nice little motor.
i would rather an enthusiast have it as i know it will go to a good home.
spent over 200 quid on all the bits and bobs,not looking for profit just to get my money back.
anyone need any info please fire away,i will answer all questions to the best of my knowledge.
car is in barry wales....
its an s reg standerd 1.8i,silver,tax nearly up,mot til dec,74000 miles.
drives nice,pulls strong and straight.
open to offers around what it owes me.
cheers guys,also open to any advise on selling it on....
Attachments
mgf pic1.jpg
mgf pic1.jpg (23.1 KiB) Viewed 370 times

J13UTM
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: 2001 Trophy 160

Re: selling my mgf

Post by J13UTM » Tue May 14, 2013 2:36 pm

£600-700 would be a fair price. Good condition common MPI F's this age still fetch this sort of money as long as MOT is long. The lack of tax might make that closer to £600. Certainly no less than that.

Ebay or Pistonheads - or both.
MGF VVC Panther LE
KH Cheetah Bodykit & Splitter, Roversport Spoiler, SP Exhaust, 52mmTB, Custom RamAir Induction Kit, KYB Shocks, AP Racing Clutch, ULW Fly, SS Kit, SS Coolant Pipes, Lots Of Chrome, Electric Roof, LED Lighting, TF Tailights

dann
MGF Register Region: South Wales

Re: selling my mgf

Post by dann » Wed May 15, 2013 10:54 am

thanks for the advise,much appreciated,i have decided to fit an alluminum throttle body,new calipers,and a hard top roof,plus some chrome finish trimm bits in and outdont mind taxing it,would that add more value to it as id like to finish the project properly.
cheers...