MGTF Sprint (53) For Sale

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Foxy
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

MGTF Sprint (53) For Sale

Post by Foxy » Fri May 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm reluctantly considering selling my silver MGTF Sprint (135bhp) and would appreciate your thoughts on a price etc. The reason for this rash decision is simple, I'm probably going to need a small van for the year as my son is about to leave York University and he has tons of stuff to bring back home after three years of accumulation. This will involve quite a few trips (York being approx 27 miles away) and then moving it all on to his next port of call wherever that's going to be! I'm also going to be having some house renovations carried out involving new bathroom and brickwork at the rear.
I think it will be a sensible thing to get a van rather than fork out on hiring one on several occasions or messing up my MG and Audi A4.

Right so here goes:

Reg: '03 (52 plate) FV52 BJU with 78,500 mileage.
The usual Sprint spec such as 16" spoked alloy wheels with good tyres (Toyos I think), chrome pack, blue hood.
Had it's second new cam-belt, tensioner & water pump carried out by a well established local garage (Jack Petty Motors of Goole) with all receipts to prove and a re-conditioned head etc carried out by the famous Russell Walsh. (I think I cracked the original cylinder head in my naivety trying to get the car warmed up during a couple of very icy mornings going over a fly-over to work)! So obviously, Russell fitted a new head gasket as a matter of course and the car hasn't used one drop of water since it was done Feb. 2013.
I have since fitted a Brown & Gammons low level coolant alarm which thankfully hasn't been called into action, a new aluminium radiator plug, I had inner roof straps for ease of opening and closing too.
The car has a rear wind deflector and will come with a cream leather tonneau cover too. When I bought the car in September 2012 from a Lincolnshire car dealer, he supplied me with a brand new exhaust as the one fitted was slightly rusty but still isn't needed to be fitted so that will be included.
The original owner (a mature Lincoln Parish councilor) had the car for nine years and was apparently an active MGOC member even driving to an MG rally in Sweden one year. All the MOTs, servicing and repairs were carried out at the Cambridge MGOC depot while in his ownership. I'm the second owner and have kept a lot of history and receipts.

The car has age related marks such as stone chips here & there plus a few slight paint bubbling but nothing rotten, the worse bit is probably discolouring/rust showing on the driver's side rear wheel arch but again is solid.
The seats are half leather/alcantara which have had seat cover/protectors on since I bought it and the driver's side bolster part (that sellers never photo) is very good and a credit to it's previous owner.
I very rarely go over 3,000rpm as I have no reason to, just going to work & back (all of 9 miles round trip) and have done approx 4,000 miles in nearly two years only!
I could go on but I'm sure you experienced guys & gals will know more than me anyway.

If anyone has any decent valuations or even interest in buying my MGTF I would be very grateful, I don't want to part-ex with a garage if I can help it as this car warrants another loving owner! Please read all my posts regarding any faults or history I've had while owning this great car.

Thank you and sorry for the long post. Please ask for any photos or questions either on this post or private messaging, I will be more than happy to help out.

Foxy.

Confirmed: Now For Sale.
Attachments
TF at work.jpg
IMG_20121007_135720.jpg
Tonneau fitted_2.jpg
seat.jpg
Last edited by Foxy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: Thinking of selling!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue May 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Lovely looking car Foxy - shame that you're having to consider sale. I'll move this post to the classifieds where I think it'll get more traffic...

50dwill
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by 50dwill » Tue May 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Nice looking car that if you were a bit closer I might have been interested. :thumbsu:

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, I must have missed the classifieds section.
Thanks Rob.

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi all,
I have now decided to sell my car but thought I would advertise here before anywhere else. Latest updates are:

6 months tax (probably irrelevant now)!
12 months MOT (Oct. 2015)
New exhaust,
New rear brake pads,
The rear wheel arch issue as previously mentioned above has now been repaired and re-sprayed to a very high standard by Airmyn Garage who are a well established and reputable local car sprayers. I have photos of the repair.

The car is looking very good for it's age with still just less than 80k on the clock. I have only covered approx 5,000 miles over 24 months.
I would be more than happy to let it go a little cheaper to you guys who have helped me over the last few years. I will probably advertise it locally or part-ex it with my next car. I am hoping to buy a slightly newer car with an automatic gearbox like my current Audi A4.

No less than £1000 - bargain

AutoTrader suggestion: £1,325 in good condition.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Thank you,
Paul.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Foxy

Re: MGTF Sprint (53) For Sale

Post by Foxy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 am

Just had new nearside track rod end and ball joint fitted, tracking re-aligned & new wipers. The car feels really good and 'tight' to drive and would be an absolute bargain for anyone on here.
I will probably list elsewhere this weekend for a higher price.
Thanks for looking.

PinkJay
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: 06 407SW - 03 TF 135

Post by PinkJay » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi there. Do you still have this car?
JAY'S BABY
JAY'S NEW BABY[/b][/u]
2003 135 TF- 'Glimmer'
ImageImagejaysheppard.co.uk

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply but been busy at work. Yes, I still have the car but not advertised it just yet mainly because I'm still searching for a replacement. If you want to call me or get in touch by whatever means then please feel free to PM me with contact info. In the meantime, you can scan through all my posts on this forum if you need to find out any other info regarding my Sprint.
I can honestly say, its running better now than it has since I've owned it over the last two years. The new exhaust seems to have given it a little more zip and engine tone which I like, the new track-rod end & balljoint have made the car feel a lot better and more solid to drive. The car is way too good for a trade in and that's why I offered it here first even though I stand to lose a few ££££.
I have just printed out the details ready for advertising so I will add them here as it's probably more comprehensive:

MGTF Sprint 135bhp: (53 plate) Chrome Pack model.

MOT - October 2015,
79,900 miles,
2 x original keys,
2 previous owners (one being the car dealerI bought it from) and the original owner was/is a Lincoln Parish councillor who was an active member of the MGOC apparently.
All work & servicing carried out by MGOC at Cambridge previous to me buying.
The car is silver with blue hood which has a good condition rear screen,
Also supplied with a cream leather tonnaau cover,
The hood has been fitted with new 'anti-lock' roof straps,
Half leather/Alcantara seats which are in great condition,
16" multi-spoke alloys in great condition with very good tyres,
Original factory fitted radio/CD player with code,

Head gasket replaced and serviced by Russell Walsh of MGRoverSolutions, 2012,
Timing belt & water pump replaced less than 8,000 miles ago, October 2012 I think, got the reciepts to prove anyway,
New exhaust,
Front pads replaced when I bought the car (again less the 8,000 miles ago),
New rear pads,
New wiper blades,
New n/s track-rod end & ball joint,
Mike Satur alloy radiator bolt/plug,

Brown & Gammons low level coolant alarm (cost £120 and thankfully never needed),

Lots of receipts, brochure, book/manual, history details and previous MOT certificates.

I will be honest and say that the driver's side central locking has just decided to stop working although passenger side is fine and it does still alarm. Just the motor from what I hear but I haven't beeen in a rush to get it fixed due to time, money & daughter's 18th birthday party/flights/presents etc. (She cost me a bloody fortune)!

Hope that's all.

Foxy.

PinkJay
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: 06 407SW - 03 TF 135

Post by PinkJay » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 am

What exhaust does it have? Original spec or aftermarket
JAY'S BABY
JAY'S NEW BABY[/b][/u]
2003 135 TF- 'Glimmer'
ImageImagejaysheppard.co.uk

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi, the original factory fitted exhaust finally had it's day last Friday during the MOT so a new original spec one was put on by the garage.

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:16 pm

This car is now sold.

I sold it to a friend at work and can honestly say it looked very good setting off from my home. I had it valeted before selling and couldn't believe it was the same car!
Thanks everyone for your help and stories etc, I have loved the times in the TF and it truly is a British motoring icon that still catches my eye when I see one. I have just bought an Audi TT so will start again with all the questions etc on another forum.

Thanks,

Foxy.

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Post by Plezier » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:30 am

Foxy wrote:This car is now sold.

I sold it to a friend at work and can honestly say it looked very good setting off from my home. I had it valeted before selling and couldn't believe it was the same car!
Thanks everyone for your help and stories etc, I have loved the times in the TF and it truly is a British motoring icon that still catches my eye when I see one. I have just bought an Audi TT so will start again with all the questions etc on another forum.

Thanks,

Foxy.
Hmmm didn't know they made a van version :roll: .

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:28 am

Yes, I was after a van to help move my son from York to Leeds but we eventually managed that through a friend of a friend. Also, we had decided to overhaul our bathroom in the new year due to various factors.
In that time, my mum gave me and my sister a good slice of our 'inheritance' so I decided to still sell the MG and buy another Audi (I already own an A4). I have a friend locally who used to work for Haseldons of Doncaster (VW/Audi dealership) and he repairs and services VW and Audis in our town at good prices. It makes more sense to buy something that can be looked after easier.
Please don't think I was lying in saying I needed a van at the time because I did need one. BTW, my friend at work who bought my MG had the central locking fixed locally to him for £15.
Great car and a genuine sale.
Hope this answers your question?

Foxy.