MGF 1989 1800 for sale yorkshire.

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
benross
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

MGF 1989 1800 for sale yorkshire.

Post by benross » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Well here goes gents, it may be in the wrong section so if a forum moderator could pop it in the right section, sorry! for any inconvenience.

I have here a private sale my MGF 1800 with 74 k on the clock, power steering been stood for 2 years no leaking hood good engine, oil tight, the head gasket been done before it went off the road, I bought it off my neighbour with a view to restoring in but I am more in to the classic minis and I have no time and space to complete,

Its going cheap! For spares or repair, the latter would be better its an easy fix.

In all honesty here are the bad points, sill is rusty where some bufoon jacked it up in the wrong position, bonnet cable broke, front sub frame very rusty, n/s wing around indicator rotten, brake disks and callipers on the front rusty where its been stood.
And the wipers don’t work ? n/s tyre slow flat,
The above jobs need fixing and really it wants a full repaint to make it right

Iam open to offers the car runs fine and drives ok, but it would need a trailer or tow hitch to take away as there is no tax or test on it, I have the log book, in my name and address so its all proper, collection is from Nr Pontefract west Yorkshire

Iam open to offers around £400 or above, You can view the car if you wish, just ring me on 07858039110 as for steve.
anyday except wednesday and this saturday.

I don’t need any tyre kickers and narsistic people coming around and ripping the car to pieces to try to get it for 30 bob so be warned you won’t be tolerated.

You peeps on here know the usual faults bad spots on mgfs so you know.
You buy what you see. I have been as honest as I can. #
this would make an easy project for the right person with basic skills etc.

benross

Re: MGF 1989 1800 for sale yorkshire.

Post by benross » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 pm

i for got to add the private reg comes with it as well
the cars not for profit it just needs to go to a good home, i thought i would place it on here to give you guys on this forum a chance to get the car rather and place it on silly ebay etc.

Miccon
MGF Register Region: Canada
Model of Car: MGF1.8 Mpi

Post by Miccon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:14 am

what is the date of first registration? its obviously not an 89
MGTD (51) MGB's 76 -81, MGF1.8i, TR4, TR7.....etc

BooBoo
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF TF135

Post by BooBoo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Miccon wrote:what is the date of first registration? its obviously not an 89

If you enter the reg number on the directgov dvla site it tells you this car was first registered 24 April 1998 , if you want to check any others use the link below :thumbsu:

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... cleenquiry

or this one;

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... Id=enquiry
2003 TF135 "typhoon" ...a work in progress
Also owner of a V8 4.7 Grand Cherokee , vive la difference :-)

benross

Post by benross » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm

yes its a 1998 my typing error!
and many thanks for the low sarcastic comment on the c5s