S40 MGF Number Plate for Sale

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
minimania
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

S40 MGF Number Plate for Sale

Post by minimania » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

S40 MGF private plate for sale.

On retention.

Only selling to cover the cost of the MGF I've just bought! :D

Anything above £780 and it's yours as that's what I've been offered by a private reg company.

Thanks

Dave_T
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Re: S40 MGF Number Plate for Sale

Post by Dave_T » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Who did you use for the valuation? Only asking as I need my old reg valuing ;)

Good luck with the sale. :thumbsu:
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

minimania

Post by minimania » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

NewReg and CarReg mate...althought NewReg were slightly less....

The wife would only let me get the car if I covered the cost with the plate! :roll: :lol:

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Post by Charless » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Bite their hand off and await the list of excuses which 'amazingly' sees the value slump to a lot less!

John W
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:53 am

minimania wrote:S40 MGF private plate for sale.

On retention.

Anything above £780 and it's yours as that's what I've been offered by a private reg company.

Thanks
Think you will find in thier quote, after the cost of transfer, commssion ect, means you will get only approx £200 out of the deal..
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

minimania

Post by minimania » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 am

Ahhh I see...thanks for the info guys.

Guess it'll be staying where it is then! :D

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:13 am

minimania wrote:The wife would only let me get the car if I covered the cost with the plate! :roll: :lol:
Uh-oh ... bet you're in for a distressing discussion then, given the values quoted here 8-)
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

roadstersrule
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by roadstersrule » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm

John W wrote:
minimania wrote:S40 MGF private plate for sale.

On retention.

Thanks
Think you will find in thier quote, after the cost of transfer, commssion ect, means you will get only approx £200 out of the deal..
thats not true most plate companies tell you what you will get when i had mine valued it came back as worth 800 and they were prepared to pay me 400 of that with them paying any transfer fees which are minimal by the way so they earn a decent crust out of it
if they offered you 750 it must be worth about 1500 i would think possibly but i have noticed plate prices vary week to week aswell so its not definate the plate companys have a few hundred quid to play with so can lower prices to get customers

Softly~Softly
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF1.8VVC TF135. 160

Post by Softly~Softly » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Sell it in "Season" when people seem to want a car related number plate. rather than now, when half the cars are still tucked away or sorn off ..

Either way good lick ..
For all MG/Rover .. MGWW MGWorldWide https://www.facebook.com/groups/midland ... p_activity

Charless
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Post by Charless » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:49 am

"
thats not true most plate companies tell you what you will get when i had mine valued it came back as worth 800 and they were prepared to pay me 400 of that with them paying any transfer fees which are minimal by the way so they earn a decent crust out of it
if they offered you 750 it must be worth about 1500 i would think possibly but i have noticed plate prices vary week to week aswell so its not definate the plate companys have a few hundred quid to play with so can lower prices to get customers[/quote]
"
How come your plate is 'worth' £800 but they were only going to give you £400? Surely that makes it worth £400. As if that logic isn't confused enough; how in the next sentence does a similar valuation for someone else mean that their plate's 'worth' is magically doubled? Should your similarly valued ( and at least ten year old, totally model specific plate) have been worth £1600?

mgf1690
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by mgf1690 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Charless wrote:"
if they offered you 750 it must be worth about 1500 i would think possibly but i have noticed plate prices vary week to week aswell so its not definate the plate companys have a few hundred quid to play with so can lower prices to get customers
"
How come your plate is 'worth' £800 but they were only going to give you £400? Surely that makes it worth £400. As if that logic isn't confused enough; how in the next sentence does a similar valuation for someone else mean that their plate's 'worth' is magically doubled? Should your similarly valued ( and at least ten year old, totally model specific plate) have been worth £1600?[/quote]

What some do is if the get an enquiry through their search function they track the owner of thr plate and offer them a sum of money to sell it to them so they can sell it on to the enquirer. I regularly get calls out the blue for the one I have on my van, the last offer I got was £3200 so I can only assume they had someone willing to pay a helluva lot more. (that was the net payment they offerd me)