mgf private number plate for sale

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
roadstersrule
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by roadstersrule » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm

hi all im new to the forum but i have something that might be of interest to you a cherised plate with mgf in it as the last 3 numbers

it is N### MGF

a tidy addition to any loved mgf i no longer have mine but i do still have the plate although sadly on another car now
if anyone is interested either message me or call on 07960 111 733 make me an offer on it but lets not be silly
it has been valued at 800 recently i still have the email to prove that and the cherished plate site i had value it offered me 400 if they sell it for me so we have some basic parameters there im not greedy so somewhere in the middle will do
once we get a price sorted we will do the paperwork and get it in your name and lets face it more importantly on your car :thumbsu:

thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you

andywatson
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF 1.9 Scholar

Post by andywatson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 am

I hate to be a party pooper but I've just paid £350 for my plate E* MGF. You might be a bit disappointed with the price you're going to get.

cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Re: mgf private number plate for sale

Post by cath's mg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Paid £575 all in, for C8TH U just before xmas and gave it to Cath for her Birthday :D . Thought it was very reasonable.
C8TH U.JPG
Know its not straight in pic, put it on with blue tac :o
Cath's just sent the paper work off, so should be on her F shortly ( she thinks it will stop me driving it ................ not a chance :twisted: )
Gary
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

3 DUCKS
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: duck

Post by 3 DUCKS » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 pm

a plate that i have always fancied was FU 2. but sadly it was just out of my price range :cry:
TF 160

roadstersrule

Post by roadstersrule » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 pm

why would i be dissapointed with what i get?

because you got a c plate fr 350 doent mean mine is wotrth less there are differeent price ranges and because your was in the lowest doesnt mean much to other plates really

where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking because i have not seen any under 400 anywhere and that was at the cheapest online plate company going for sensible quotes not massively inflated prices ( free plate traders i think it was ) thats where my quote cae from but reg transfers gave the same quote fr it

single number if thats what yours is should be valued at about 1500 really being c# mgf as you say but it is a c plate so its out of the range of these really and who wants a c in their private plate?? lol

hehe 1 fu or fu1 i thought of one when p plate came out its p155 off but it was never realeased by dvla and never will i cheked when i was looking for mine :thumbsd:

also plate prices change with the time of year believe it or not plate prices were increased before christamas i saw it myself and they dropped in the new year by about 100-200 average it shows the plate cmpanys trying to get sales in the january slump they will increase in a couple weeks again you watch

knowing that im still open to offers now as i said im not greedy and i think your price you gave is a cover so your missus dont wring your neck

quotes i got today for mgf number pates
v1 mgf £2600
C1 MGF= £2345
G1 MGF =£1496
G875 MGF =£1195
K44 MGF £850
N897 MGF £750

thats todays prices on a couple of plates direct from reg transfers . co.uk anyone can check those if they want

where did you get your prices from?????

roadstersrule

Post by roadstersrule » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 pm

and just to add to my last post

some of the prices i gave are still the reduced january price it shows the reductions on the site theres 2 that have been reduced by 1000 the top ones as i said its the january slump as for so low coming up to christmas the prices were higher then as were all prices due to the season summers comingsoon they will peak again then

roadstersrule

Post by roadstersrule » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:20 pm

cath's mg wrote:Paid £575 all in, for C8TH U just before xmas and gave it to Cath for her Birthday :D . Thought it was very reasonable.
C8TH U.JPG
Know its not straight in pic, put it on with blue tac :o
Cath's just sent the paper work off, so should be on her F shortly ( she thinks it will stop me driving it ................ not a chance :twisted: )
Gary

575 thats not bad at all for a complete price im sure something like that could be worjked out for mine maybe a bit less ;)

i looked up cathy theres one for £27.000 C47 HYS LOOKS LIKE CATHYS or £1250 for K4 FFS
would seem you got a cracking deal

does the u mean anything? or is that cathy saying u have gone off in it again :o

cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Post by cath's mg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm

roadstersrule wrote:
cath's mg wrote:575 thats not bad at all for a complete price im sure something like that could be worjked out for mine maybe a bit less ;)

i looked up cathy theres one for £27.000 C47 HYS LOOKS LIKE CATHYS or £1250 for K4 FFS
would seem you got a cracking deal

does the u mean anything? or is that cathy saying u have gone off in it again :o
:lol: That made Cathy chuckle.
Got the plate from "plates4less", I noticed the plate back in June, it was a bit cheaper than when i brought it in mid Dec, but im sure the differance was only about £20 - £30.
Unfortunatly Cathy cant drive for about 8 weeks so that means i have the arduous chore taking the F for its daily run (Iv told her its needs it to stop it seizing up.........does that make me a bad person :twisted: ).
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

mgf1690
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by mgf1690 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 pm

roadstersrule wrote:why would i be dissapointed with what i get?

because you got a c plate fr 350 doent mean mine is wotrth less there are differeent price ranges and because your was in the lowest doesnt mean much to other plates really

where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking because i have not seen any under 400 anywhere and that was at the cheapest online plate company going for sensible quotes not massively inflated prices ( free plate traders i think it was ) thats where my quote cae from but reg transfers gave the same quote fr it

single number if thats what yours is should be valued at about 1500 really being c# mgf as you say but it is a c plate so its out of the range of these really and who wants a c in their private plate?? lol

hehe 1 fu or fu1 i thought of one when p plate came out its p155 off but it was never realeased by dvla and never will i cheked when i was looking for mine :thumbsd:

also plate prices change with the time of year believe it or not plate prices were increased before christamas i saw it myself and they dropped in the new year by about 100-200 average it shows the plate cmpanys trying to get sales in the january slump they will increase in a couple weeks again you watch

knowing that im still open to offers now as i said im not greedy and i think your price you gave is a cover so your missus dont wring your neck

quotes i got today for mgf number pates
v1 mgf £2600
C1 MGF= £2345
G1 MGF =£1496
G875 MGF =£1195
K44 MGF £850
N897 MGF £750

thats todays prices on a couple of plates direct from reg transfers . co.uk anyone can check those if they want

where did you get your prices from?????

Although P155 OFF was never released P155 AFF (thats how its said in Scotland) was and was bought by Paul Gascoigne when he played for Glasgow Rangers, it was aimed at the media who hated him, particulary Gerry McNee who when commentating would not say his name and would refer to him as the number 8 (Gazzas squad No)

I have T** MGF Which was valued at over £1k the last time I valued it.

jax

Post by jax » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm

:) hi just reading your debate on number plates.I have a plate no R16 VVC any ideas what it may be worth thanks jax

paulplom
MGF Register Region: North East
Model of Car: 2001 vvc

Post by paulplom » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am

My mate has K155 PEE it's on a peugeot though :(

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Post by Charless » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 am

I should be grateful if you would let us know how much it sells for eventually - net of transfer costs. It seems there is a sort of fantasy price world out there for cars, houses and just about everything advertised; where the the last observed gross asking price is assumed to be the net value.
With used MGF prices being what they are it seems odd to be paying more for a not particularly resaleable plate than a (let's face it - elderly) car.

BigJohn
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: Abingdon VVC

Post by BigJohn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi, I have just sold a non MGF related, 'name alike' plate. It had been valued and advertised by a large and reputable registration company. It had been in their books for 2 years and intially valued by them at £3,000 and just sold for £1000 the first enquiry in two years !

Something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. I took the £1000 as I had previously missed out about 8 years ago on making over £4000 profit on a MG related plate that had cost me £400 from DVLA. As it was a 'dated' plate, with the demise of MGR it's desirability diminished every year I kept hold of it. In the end I sold it privately for what I paid for as it was costing me £25 each year to keep it on retention.

I'd seriously consider any reasonable offer and I haven't got any direct or indirect interest in driving the price downwards

stux99
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF/TF Steppy/MGGS/3

Post by stux99 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm

My MG02 MAR has been advertised on and off for a year now and no interest except for "silly" offers fron companies who only pay upwhen sold