MGF 1996 with hard top for sale

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Aedlin
MGF Register Region: Essex

MGF 1996 with hard top for sale

Post by Aedlin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 am

Hi guys, bought this a couple of months back as an mot failure on brake lines. Its a 1996 model, fantastic body work, matching hard top and a gorgeous leather interior.

Plans were to use it but I already have one and the boss has said no :(

Full details...

1996 1.8MPi

92k miles (clocks were changed and show 70oddk, but mot shows its more)

MOT July 15 (new brake lines)

Great bodywork with matching hardtop, but headlining looks like its been replaced on the cheap...

Soft top had no signs of leaks when I washed the car, but has had a couple of repairs prior

Mk2 wheels with good tread. I have the set of original wheels but they look like they have been painted by brush, good tyres though!

Cream leather interior, good condition

No signs of head gasket problems at all

Non EPAS model for that real feel ;)

CD player

Now, due to work etc I haven't used the car for about 4/5 weeks, and there are a couple of jobs I haven't got round to. Including,
exhaust rattles when it's cold,
fan belt is loud when cold,
alarm sometimes goes off randomly, driver side carpet is ripped in usual place
Could do with a pump up...

Any inspection is welcome, needs to go as its just sitting gathering dust now.

Few pics here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ts85u425bbu ... QRzka?dl=0

I'm looking around the £800 mark. I'll consider selling the hard top seperatly if its of interest to anybody.

Please get in touch with any questions!

Adam