How do I post pictures?

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

How do I post pictures?

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Here's a step-by-step guide for inserting a picture that is on your computer or smart phone:

First, you need to be in the full editor/ preview window. If you are in the "Quick Reply" editor window, click the "full editor & preview" button:

Next, to upload a picture to the forum, click on the "Attachments" tab under the text window:

Now we can click the "add files" button:

This opens up a navigation window - this is the version you see on a Windows PC. First click on the file you want to upload. I've clicked on a nice picture of coloured wheels. How sweet ;) Next, click "Open":

The selected file then uploads - there is a green status bar that shows progress of the file upload - both under the "Status" column, and under the "Attachments" tab:

Once the file has uploaded, the "Place inline" button appears. Click on this to insert the image into your text:

The image code is inserted into your post.

You can click "Preview" to see how it will look on the forum:

If you're happy, then click "Submit". :)

You can upload multiple images at a time, and you can insert "file comments" - which will appear as a subtitle under the image or file you have uploaded to the forum.

Hope this helps! :)