Wanted: MG TF in green

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Jim Martin
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF 135

Wanted: MG TF in green

Post by Jim Martin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi all, I'm after a green TF 135 or 160 with a cream interior. But I'd also consider a Nightfire Red.

I really want to buy one from an enthusiast, and nothing on AutoTrader, ebay and the usual suspects fits the bill at the moment.

Just posting on here to see if anyone's considering selling.

I have a budget of around £1000, but more for the right car. ;)

Although I'm after a later TF 135 or 160 (due to the lower road tax) I would also consider a MGF MY2000 - pre-March 2001 in either of those colours.

I'm not expecting a show-winning car of course, and happy to tackle some minor mechanical issues such as exhaust and brakes (even suspension), but I don't want to be dealing with body rust or respays. :?

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Wanted: MG TF in green

Post by talkingcars » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 am

Don't hold out for a cream interior if the correct car in all other aspects comes up, it is easy to swap seats etc.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Jim Martin

Post by Jim Martin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 am

Thanks. That is a very good point.

So far I've only found cars with no service history. But at the right price and in the right condition, I could be willing to take a punt!

Redatkins
MGF Register Region: North East

Post by Redatkins » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi

Are you still looking for a green MGTF? I have a Le Mans green for sale. 53 reg. Full history but it does have a black interior (although hardtop has a cream roof). Let me know if you are still interested.

Tracey

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:25 am

Just for your info', Nightfire 2 (MGF) code CAQ, became Nightfire Red 3 code CBT on MGTF and is slighly different (as part of project Drive to get production costs down), is still stunning but rare. Equally stunning is the not disimiliar Firefrost code FEV, which might be worth considering.

Jim Martin

Post by Jim Martin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Wanted to update this thread to say I have now got myself a TF in Goodwood green, and joined the MGCC!

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Post by nigelandjo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Jim Martin wrote:Wanted to update this thread to say I have now got myself a TF in Goodwood green, and joined the MGCC!

Welcome to the MGF Register and the MGCC :)
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319