WANTED: Service book

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
hammond
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: VVC Freestyle

WANTED: Service book

Post by hammond » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Anyone got blank service books for an MGF? Mine will run out in a couple of years and eBay only got written in ones. Will post a picture of what I have when I work out how to do it! But it's basically the one with the green thick line down the left hand side with Service Portfolio written in it and MG badge in bottom corner.

Bazzajay
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Wedgwood SE 1800i

Re: WANTED: Service book

Post by Bazzajay » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 am

If you are unable to obtain another, you could do what I've done in the past.

Scan the cover and an unused page, you can then copy these on to a landscape blank page, repeating as necessary, and make your own copy. It will be more durable if you have access to a Laser printer.
Barrie

2000 MGF Wedgwood SE 1800i
2002 Peugeot Partner Quiksilver

michaelb
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: mg tf 135

Post by michaelb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:46 pm

I had one of these but no one wanted to buy it. Threw it away in the end.

hammond

Post by hammond » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Bazzajay wrote:If you are unable to obtain another, you could do what I've done in the past.

Scan the cover and an unused page, you can then copy these on to a landscape blank page, repeating as necessary, and make your own copy. It will be more durable if you have access to a Laser printer.
I suppose that's an option if all roads lead to dead end :cry:

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by Geoff.F » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

The Part No. for the Service History replacement is RCL0513EN. and Service Intervals RCL0512EN You may try your local X-Part Stockist.
Rimmers offer Rover without a Part No. however they are expensive.Call them.
Geoff F.

hammond

Post by hammond » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks Geoff didn't think of Rimmers. They're charging £22 which is a tad high but my MGF is worth it :thumbsu:

steveinoxford
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by steveinoxford » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm

does anyone have a scan of a blank page from the service book that could be used as a print out for additional pages? Just looked at mine and and the last blank page has been stamped and I didn't think of this last year!

If anyone has got an old book from a scrapped car they are willing to post, I can scan and put up the sheet for others to print out.

thanks,
Steve

scimitargtc
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by scimitargtc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 pm

forgive my ignorance but won't trhe maintenance check sheet from the mgtf cd be ok?

steveinoxford

Post by steveinoxford » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:25 pm

scimitargtc wrote:forgive my ignorance but won't trhe maintenance check sheet from the mgtf cd be ok?
It might be but I don't know which CD you are referring to! Can you post up a pdf print of that page of the CD?

What I would like to do is have a copy of the service book page to use as continuation pages, should have thought of it before getting the last page stamped!!

cheer,
Steve.

hammond

Post by hammond » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I have blank pages left at the end of my book and have since brought TWO different replacements for the future. (One from Rimmers for all MG rovers and one for MGF which has replacement stamped all over the cover)
If you PM your email address I can try and get a decent photo of it over to you. Or going by your name you are in Oxford and I work there every day. I could bring original and you could photocopy it or something.
Let me know :thumbsu:

steveinoxford

Post by steveinoxford » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 pm

That would be brilliant, I'll pm you.