Mgf boot tool kit & warning triangle

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
legs
MGF Register Region: North Wales

Mgf boot tool kit & warning triangle

Post by legs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi, does anyone out there have the MG toolkit that sits in the boot recess that they would like to sell - purely for aesthetics, I'm aware the tools are rubbish :lol:
I would consider just the box itself without tools
Also I believe there was a warning triangle that fits inside the boot lid if anyone has one of those up for grabs
Thanks in anticipation
Paul

ashleyfrazer
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 MK2

Re: Mgf boot tool kit & warning triangle

Post by ashleyfrazer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Paul. The last toolkit was I think sold for 120ukp. If not more. You are right about the triangle. They fitted a number of Rover cars. I can get you a picture if it helps. Ash

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

legs
MGF Register Region: North Wales

Post by legs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:43 pm

A picture would be great so I could compare

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:46 pm

I have one in my ZS, bolts to the boot lid, it was a MG/Rover accessory.
In the F boot space is a premium when touring so I have a folded one under the bonnet, easier to find as well.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

ashleyfrazer
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 MK2

Re: RE: Re: Mgf boot tool kit & warning triangle

Post by ashleyfrazer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:14 am

legs wrote:A picture would be great so I could compare
Hi. I am away for a couple of days but I will get a picture when I get back. The triangle is a foldable one and attached under the boot lid which is also drilled for the bolt on rack and case which I think you asked about. Car will be at Bicester on 23rd depending if you live close enough. Ash

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:40 pm

The boot mounted warning triangle for MGF/TF is model specific, it has an extra bracket on the holding frame which for other MG Rover models is deleted. I believe these however can also be fitted to a F/TF boot. Also Audi had a warning triangle that was essentially the same as the MG Rover one and is much more commonly for sale. Some chat here http://forums.mg-rover.org/mgf-mgtf-spo ... ve-702153/

I heve a genuine F/TF triangle which I fitted per instructions on a previous MGF, and was never sure why some people said the instructions were incorrect, and to fit 'top side down'.