Recon'd Alternator Required (MGF 2000)

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Scotty88
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF SE

Recon'd Alternator Required (MGF 2000)

Post by Scotty88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi All,

i need to source a reconditioned alternator for my 2000 MGF 1.8i (non VVC), just wondered if anyone knows the correct part number i would require so i do not purchase the wrong item.

also if anyone is breaking a car or knows of one i could but would be even better

thanks for your help in advance

regards

scott

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Recon'd Alternator Required (MGF 2000)

Post by talkingcars » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 pm

IIRC the only change was from Mems 1.9/Mems 2.0 to Mems 3and that change was from 2 wires to 3 wires.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Post by Helsbyman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 am

Why second hand ? O K its a bit cheaper but you could get one that lasts just 10 months with a 9 month warranty :)
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Scotty88
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF SE

Post by Scotty88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:56 am

Yes i could buy new but without taking the old alternator off 1st i wanted to make sure that the one i purchase is the right one as there appears to be 2 types Oval or round plugs?

thanks