Where's Fiona Bruce when you need her?

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Fireline
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Mk1 VVC

Where's Fiona Bruce when you need her?

Post by Fireline » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi all. I am breaking a 1999MY mk2 MGF. I want to sell some of the bits off that I am not going to need. However, I don't really have any idea what various bits are worth. I look at fleabay, and it seems that some things sell for silly money, but other bits don't sell at reasonable prices. I want to sell them for a reasonable price to both sides, as I am not in this for profit, but I still have an MGF to support!

For example, I have a front bumper in BRG, with a black splitter attached. The mesh and badge are on it, and it's all complete, but it does need a repaint. I was thinking of asking £75 for it, but does that sound reasonable? Thanks.
Attachments
DSC00887.JPG

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Where's Fiona Bruce when you need her?

Post by talkingcars » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 pm

When pricing up parts I tend to look at prices on eBay.
However having the KN splitter confuses things a bit but that on it's own is probably not far off.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

talkingcars

Post by talkingcars » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 pm

What is the paint code?
HFF?

If yes I may be interested in some parts, the O/S wing to start with.
And maybe the doors.

Where are you in the south east?
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

talkingcars

Post by talkingcars » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:55 pm

And the headlights if they are really cheap.

Fireline

Post by Fireline » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:25 pm

talkingcars wrote:What is the paint code?
HFF?

If yes I may be interested in some parts, the O/S wing to start with.
And maybe the doors.

Where are you in the south east?
Hi Talking, you'll have to forgive my staggering ignorance, but I have only been into the MGF world about a month! I am afraid that the front wings are both wonderful examples of oxidized iron. The headlights have already gone into my spares store, because I get the impression that good ones can be hard to come by. I have already got a tired but serviceable cream/tan interior on ebay, but the bumper was foxing me. Being in East Kent doesn't help, as it's a fair way for people to come and collect.

talkingcars

Post by talkingcars » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:34 pm

The paint code is on the cars ID plate.

As long as it's no further east than Broadstairs it shouldn't be a problem.

ZSx
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGF VVC & MG ZS T16

Post by ZSx » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Id buy the bumper and splitter for that... (well at tge end of the month) and possibly other bits as well...

Fireline

Post by Fireline » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 am

talkingcars wrote:As long as it's no further east than Broadstairs it shouldn't be a problem.
Funny you should say that, because that's where I am!

I know that there will be this bumper, a Pipercross air filter (not seen yet if it is a Venom or a Viper), and a set of (?)TF wheels, two with almost brand new Toyo tyres on them, plus other odds and sods as they come off. I still need the wheels at the minute, to be able to roll the car around! I will be keeping the engine and box, though, together with a number of other bits.

ZXs, do you want to see more pictures of the bumper? It has some scratches, scuffs, and stone chips, but it is structurally sound, with all the mounting points there.