Early 1996 VVC for sale

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
P49273
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds

Early 1996 VVC for sale

Post by P49273 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:22 am

It’s with a heavy heart that I realise I’ve taken on more than I can do in the space and time I’ve got.... Please read the details below to understand what you will be buying as I will be honest with its condition. Please only bid if you are looking to buy, been let down previously -

Good points:

1) It comes with 10 months MOT with the last one have no advisories, mush of the work required was completed the previous one;

2) It’s only gone just under 72,000 miles, which for a car coming up to 25 years old is excellent;

3) The body work is in overall good condition for its age, with the only minor bubbling of rust on the front OS wing. Body work is solid, and underneath condition looks good with nothing reported on the MOT;

4) From what I can see the subframes look in good condition;

5) Decent aftermarket stereo;

6) Comes with a hardtop, which is great for the winter and keeps it secure;

7) No Mayo in the oil cap and it keeps its coolant without any problem.

Bad points:

1) It comes with no service history, so it will need a service and cambelts doing for your own piece of mind. Engine sounds sweet, although the front fan comes on quickly. The fan is either a coolant sensor or the VVC solenoids need replacing, both are easy and cheap;

2) The drivers seat needs replacing, they are MK2 ones.

3) The soft top is a little tired as it’s original and will need replacing at some point as there is a slight hole in it, and a new rear screen will be needed;

4) Some of the interior fittings will need replacing as there is some minor damage, but these are all readily available fairly cheaply;

5) The interior fan doesn’t work on setting 1, this is just the resistor which needs replacing, cheap and relatively easy to do (common MGF fault), also the fan motor is a little noisy probably just needs a clean and lubricate;

6) There is only 1 key and fob, but again additional ones are cheap to buy and get coded;

7) The drivers locking mechanism is getting a bit noisy and will need replacing at some point, again easy to do and cheap part from a breaker;

8) General marks and chips for a 25 year old car, again not noticeable;

9) It was previously written off, but can’t see why and none of previous owners know. Again insurers like to write off cars like this. No issue in the MOT’s though, and looks nice and straight.

I want to be as honest as possible, the car won’t take much to bring it back to life, or is worth more than I’m asking in parts if you wanted to break it (be sad to though). The car is on SORN so you won’t be able to test drive, but happy for you to come and take a look.

£1,100 and it’s yours.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Early 1996 VVC for sale

Post by talkingcars » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:04 pm

The car looks all white, good luck with the sale.

However I would love to know how you are going to get that sort of money in parts.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

jonny69
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: freestyle

Post by jonny69 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:07 pm

i do like them in white

jonny69
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: freestyle

Post by jonny69 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:19 am

Didn't you only pay £850 for this.?

itsonlyme54
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Post by itsonlyme54 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 am

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm

I agree with James - these do look good in white, and rare to find on an "N" plate.

What's the VIN number? Must be quite an early one indeed...

John SS
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 2000 MGF VVC

Post by John SS » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Bit of a PR disaster to offer it cheaper on Gumtree!