SOLD: MG ZTT 116 CDTI+ Manual

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

SOLD: MG ZTT 116 CDTI+ Manual

Post by Rob Bell » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Slight tangent for our board here, but our family ZTT needs to find a new home - a victim of the London ULEZ I fear.

The ZTT is in Royal Blue and we've owned this most practical of MGs since it was 18 months old. We are the second keepers - the first was MG Rover's management fleet.

It's done 101k miles, the paint is generally good (a few scuffs here an there) as is the interior (small tear from wear on the driver's seat) - but otherwise these cars seem to wear their miles remarkably well.

The ZTT has been retrofitted with roof bars (used them all the time for family holidays), it has a tow bar fitted (not used for caravans! I needed a way of towing Project Shed before it was completed - and it also collected my M-type from south London!) - the rear suspension is perfect and the springs are not cracked (a common 75/ZT fault that my car has avoided).

It is equipped with the Navall double-DIN integrated Sat-Nav DVD - the latter is connected to a pair of LCD monitors in the front head rests (great for the kids when on a touring holiday of Europe :D)

Good bits:
  • Generally good condition for its age and mileage - but not a concourse queen!
  • The wheels have been re-furbished all round, with excellent Avon tyres all round (I never skimp on tyres!)
  • Monogram coloured dashboard parts (body colour)
  • Navall SatNav DVD double din with rear monitors
  • Retrofit Mk2 instrument pack and clock with trip computer, modified to also show current road speed (this feature is usually only found on a ZT260)
  • Zenon headlights
  • Roof rails
  • Tow bar
  • Re-mapped to 160PS (I haven't been to a rolling road to prove this - but the old gal does have a decent pace to it)
  • Handles like a good ZTT should (which is to say really well, and better than a family wagon should!)
  • A few spare parts that I'll pop in the boot for you :)
Bad bits:
  • The chipping you'd expect on a 101k mile car (it is not bad, just not perfect)
  • Driver's seat wear with small tear (relatively speaking it is really good, but again, it is hardly perfect)
  • I have all the bits for a cruise control and heated seat retrofit - but discovered that the wiring loom doesn't have the required connectors - I have the parts to make one up - but somehow other MG projects got in the way (looking at you, Project Shed!!!)
  • The diesel injectors I think are leaking back again - they were refurbished a few years ago, but the M47R is now slow to start (again! B***dy BMW/Bosch bits)
Happy to answer any questions! I've bound to have forgotten some stuff. Not looking for much for her - but because she's part of our family, I am keen it goes to a good home now... after all, she carried both my daughter and son home from hospital when they were born! Ah, the memories... :)

So, as we're here, £1,050

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Re: FOR SALE: MG ZTT 116 CDTI+ Manual

Post by Rob Bell » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 pm

94D690C3-2913-492C-B826-EC5D37A6CC54.jpeg
E7C68378-01CD-4CE2-AB65-B97B76379AB6.jpeg
5F5F2C67-C3A2-49F5-BBAA-742542A0FA04.jpeg

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:16 am

this will be a good car for someone Rob.
I hope that it finds a good home soon
cheers
Colin

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:26 pm

Thanks Colin. I really had hoped to keep it forever, but an '03 diesel has no upgrade path towards ULEZ compliance (unlike K-series powered MG Rover/ Land Rovers!)

I should probably put a classified ad on the Rover 75/ ZT club forum too - but you guys get first dibs... :lol:

colintf

Post by colintf » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 am

I know someone after roof rails and towbar, but already has a ZTT.
Royal Blue is such a stunning colour to Rob. :)

Colin Murrell

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm

I may split the parts out - these are desirable components on a ZTT and will be more profitable to me to sell separately. But time is not on my side with several other MG projects on the go (not to mention work and the impact of that blooming virus!)

colintf

Post by colintf » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am

Rob Bell wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm
I may split the parts out - these are desirable components on a ZTT and will be more profitable to me to sell separately. But time is not on my side with several other MG projects on the go (not to mention work and the impact of that blooming virus!)
please let me know if you do and a rough price in mind Rob, and i'll test the water for you with my friend who is looking for these items. :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell

tail-end-char-lee
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 1999

Post by tail-end-char-lee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:02 pm

Hi Rob is the ZTT still for sale?
What parts for MGF are you collecting?
Thinking of breaking my F as been sorn for a while. Wondering if you knew the best place to get best price for parts?
Would like to sell wheels seperatly and modifications etc
Regards
Jon

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Sorry Jon! The ZTT was sold yesterday and driven off to its new home in Newcastle. A bit of an emotional moment as we have had the car since 2004!

For breaking MGFs, best have a chat with Tony and Charles (aptony and charless on the forum) :)

Colin, apologies, I just haven't had the time to remove roof rails (and find replacement cover trims) and to remove the tow bar and find/replace original bumper support bar - so that has all gone to the new owner.

colintf

Post by colintf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:12 am

Rob Bell wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:59 pm
Sorry Jon! The ZTT was sold yesterday and driven off to its new home in Newcastle. A bit of an emotional moment as we have had the car since 2004!

For breaking MGFs, best have a chat with Tony and Charles (aptony and charless on the forum) :)

Colin, apologies, I just haven't had the time to remove roof rails (and find replacement cover trims) and to remove the tow bar and find/replace original bumper support bar - so that has all gone to the new owner.
understood Rob. no worries :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell