WANTED: Chrome Exhaust Trim for 1998 F

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
stevebrg
MGF Register Region: East Anglia
Model of Car: 1998 MGF

WANTED: Chrome Exhaust Trim for 1998 F

Post by stevebrg » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:18 am

Some theiving scally's nicked one of my exhaust trims, so now I've got one of the poxy things poking out my bumper, looks a right dustbin.

Anybody got a chrome trim they want to sell or an old F exhaust (for as little cash as possible as I've just moved house!)

Cash obviously waiting and I'll collect.

Thanks in advance :D

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: WANTED: Chrome Exhaust Trim for 1998 F

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Steve, try E Bay, they regularly appear on there, both tail pipes and complete (original) exhausts. Sorry to keep mentioning the E Bay word, but sometimes it is useful.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

stevebrg

Post by stevebrg » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Keep trying ebay but I keep getting outbid at the last minute, and all the aftermarket ones are too big (who the hell needs a 6 x 8 oval finisher?!?!?!?!?!?)!

Maybe if I leave it long enough the wife will cave and let me get a supersports from MGOC........

Nicktg
MGF Register Region: South Midlands

Post by Nicktg » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:48 pm

I've just taken off my old back box (Milltek just gone on :thumbsu: ), it has two very good trims on it (though I havent looked at how to take the trim off) I'm based in West Northamptonshire drop me a PM

stevebrg

Post by stevebrg » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:36 am

Nick, check thouest PM's for much messaging :D

David Clelland
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 MGF Steptronic

Post by David Clelland » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 am

Steve,

Are you sure that someone stole your exhaust trim. The original ones are fixed in place - they cannot be removed. These trims have a habit of just falling off and it's quite common to see Fs and TF running about with only one on (usually the offside one). I pulled mine off on the Highlander a few years ago when someone pointed out that it was about to fall off. To be honest I don't think that it will be much use to you, but you're welcome to have it if you pay the postage.

The ones that you see advertised on Ebay were fitted to some Special and Limited edition Fs and they fit OVER the existing exhaust trim. You cannot fit them if the original exhaust is not intact.