F/TF Boot Rack rubbers

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
MGPA1935
MGF Register Region: North East

F/TF Boot Rack rubbers

Post by MGPA1935 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:45 am

Just got my boot rack out for a clean up and found one of the rubber pads has gone walk about, any help in locating a pad much appreciated, perhaps a damaged rack is lying forgotten??

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: F/TF Boot Rack rubbers

Post by Geoff.F » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:28 am

There were only 2 MGF original??? Boot Rackets.
A Black clamp on adjustable off the shelf Italian rack at twice the price with two MG Labels added.
A Stainless Steel Rack that bolted thru the boot lid with two support brackets underneath . (most important) . Dome bolts are used to blank the mountings This was a BMW supply. There is also a Clamp - On suitcase to fit to it. These were later replaced with a MGR chrome plated mild steel copy rack and mounts which soon rusted out. They are magnetic.
I have both black and SS Racks and fitting suitcase( Sold at half price in 2005)
There are a number of other "suitable" aftermarket racks.
Which do you have. A picture ??
Geoff.F

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:00 pm

I think MGPA1935 (I guess a fellow MMM owner) is referring to the black boot rack. It had four feet with rubber bases - and it is one of the latter that has gone walk about.

The rack was from a supplier who also offered this as a generic aftermarket item (you could it one for your Mk1 MX-5 back in the day). I can't remember the manufacturer, but there is a remote possibility that spare parts could be purchased new?

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry I can't help with your foot.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Deepfat
MGF Register Region: Lincolnshire
Model of Car: MGTF

Post by Deepfat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:49 pm

what shape are the feet oblong or round, if round some are on ebay 70mm dia with 15mm hole

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:43 pm

Black boot rack feet are rectangular - and sadly not that generic.