WANTED: TF rear strut

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

WANTED: TF rear strut

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:53 pm

I am currently in the process of reconditioning a pair of TF subframes. Unfortunately, the scrap yard this was sourced from some years ago had partially disassembled the rear suspension assemblies before they were told to stop, but in doing so a number of parts were lost :rant:

Annoyingly, this includes the rubber upper spring seat isolator RPV000031 and the strut assembly lock nut RYH100331. The former is still available from Rimmers, but not the latter (M10x1.25 thread nut, unknown tensile strength).

It might be easier to get a replacement second hand strut for the cost of buying and shipping the isolator rubber from Rimmers (with tax etc, they are after £11! You can buy a knackered strut for £10 off the bay of fleas) - but if anyone has these parts and is willing to part with them, do let me know? :thumbsu:

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: WANTED: TF rear strut

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:38 am

No worries - bought one off eBay! Actually cost me 18 quid, but I have the rubber mount and the luck nut I need to build up the replacement coil-over assembly :)