Complete MGF 1.8 for spares 63K on clock

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Evan
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Complete MGF 1.8 for spares 63K on clock

Post by Evan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Hi guys

I have sat in my garage a complete MGF that i need to get rid of.
It was orignaly a project car for my g/f but time has passed and so has the g/f.
The car is now just sitting collecting dust and rather than scrap it I thought it might be of some use to someone on here.
The car is a 2000 model I think (it has a private plate on i think) and has a 1.8 engine. The engine has only 63000 on the clock and it runs well.
The rest of the car is a state tbh. The original green paint work has seen better days/ faded in the sun and covered in deep marks/cracks in the top coat and colour. The roof has mould on it and a cracked rear window. The interior is very worn. The wheels are ok though.
The plan was to strip it down and repair the parts that needed repairing and to re-paint the body to make a lovely low milage example but as I said above the person it was for is no longer in my life and this car needs to go.
If someone needs a replacement engine then this is the perfect car for them.
Im not after much for it so if anyone is interested drop me a message.
Thanks

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: Complete MGF 1.8 for spares 63K on clock

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi Evan
Welcome - and this sounds like an interesting car. Have you any photos? They are easy to post (there is an instructions thread on how to do this here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22112)