Leather Headrests

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
John Hill
MGF Register Region: Essex

Leather Headrests

Post by John Hill » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 am

Hi all,
my name is John and I am from down south in Essex.
I actually own a Triumph Herald that I have just fitted with a lovely set of MK1 MGF seats.
The only problem is that the headrests have the MG logo embossed on the front panel.
Nothing wrong with that but does look a bit odd on a Triumph.
I have noticed that some of the MK1 headrests have a plain front panel.
My headrests are in black leather and are in pretty much perfect condition.
My question is - does anyone have a pair of plain black leather headrests who would prefer a pair with the embossed logo and would like to do a swap.
These are the MK1's not the perforated ones.
I will be going to the MG and Triumph show at Stafford next month.
Sorry for hi-jacking your forum but if you don't ask etc etc
all the best
John
Attachments
photo 2.jpg

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: Leather Headrests

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:10 am

That should definitely be of value to someone - and I think should work on a TF as well. The embossed MG logo appeared on the more premium leather options only - so a great find for you!

Hopefully you'll find a suitable pair of plain black leather headrests (I have either cloth of alcantara - neither of which would be ideal for you!)