For sale: two MGF boot lids, one TF boot lid

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

For sale: two MGF boot lids, one TF boot lid

Post by Rob Bell » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:58 pm

Hi all,

I have a couple of boot lids that are surplus to requirements, both are for the MGF. Actually, I have another one for a TF that might be available too...

The MGF boot lids: one is HAM BRG, the other is LVD charcoal grey.

The HAM coloured boot lid has some storage scratches, but is in generally good condition with decent lacquer. I think it'll polish up nicely.

The LVD charcoal boot lid is rather worse for wear, with bends in the corners. It may straighten out (I may see if my fledgling metal working skills are up to this task!) Again, storage marks.

The TF boot lid is, I think, LEF X-power Grey.

This boot lid is in generally good condition - I had bought this to go on my MGF - but ended up going with the original bootlid when I got the car repainted.

If I can't repair the LVD bootlid, then it can go for free to a good home - might be useful to someone for repair panels, or perhaps some experimental work etc. Up to you.

The other two, which are good, are yours for around £50.

I also have a pretty decent HAM BRG bonnet - that too might be up for sale if anyone is interested?

Kasper
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF vvc

Re: For sale: two MGF boot lids, one TF boot lid

Post by Kasper » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Is a TF boot lid lot a tat less in weight comaired to the F’s? In that case you’d better swap it and have it on project Shed. ;)

You know, engine cooling should be better, the reason why we use the TF lid on our F’s
MGFvvc - 90FVBG - charcoal - you might think it is original - (1996 nr:8204)
MGTF 120 - 57RNJ7 - BRG - every day is an MG day - (2005)
MGC CGT - SJ08DY - tartan red - 1985 restauration fairly original - (1968 nr: 4137)

http://www.MGF.be

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: For sale: two MGF boot lids, one TF boot lid

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:02 pm

Hi Kasper,

No, I would say the TF item is heavier - I have a GRP version made by Anglia composites on Project Shed - and this is waaaaaaaaay lighter :lol: