MGF STYLING

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Stewc67
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: Mgf

MGF STYLING

Post by Stewc67 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Hi

I was looking for a bonnet from RPS. I think they have shut down. Anybody know where i could purchase one of there bonnet and interior vent upgrades.

Regards
Stewart

Notanumber
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF 135 Sunstorm

Re: MGF STYLING

Post by Notanumber » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:17 pm

If you do manage to contact RPS please let me know as I have been trying to order an RPS bonnet and a pair of side scoops. Their website gives out a bit of a mixed message at present with one note saying they arent selling parts and the other saying they have a range of parts available still to sell.

It is a real pity RPS have fallen by the wayside as they are a most innovative company. I bought their MGB front and rear bumper/ valances which are a brilliant thing- far lighter than the ghastly rubber bumpers, much more stylish with a proper front grille without it trying to look like something it isnt.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:47 am

If RPS can't help you, try Anglia Composites, who made the moulds and made the panels. They will know who currently has the rights to make and distribute these panels :)

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by c13amb » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:48 pm

While we're on the subject of RPS ...does anyone know what happened regarding the hardtop they were developing? I've tried to contact them a couple of times over the last 6 months with no success!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:32 pm

It looked good didn't it? Not sure is the answer - I don't recall seeing it on their stand at Silverstone either. Again, Chris at Anglia Composites will have an inside line on information about this: it may be waiting for a new owner of the rights to these moulds to take over and productionise them?

Notanumber
Model of Car: TF 135 Sunstorm

Post by Notanumber » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:40 am

RPS came back to me directly yesterday about the availability of bonnet scoops to fit into a standard bonnet. They are currently available for £ 61.95 shipped. They sent an order form which needs to be completed

Stewc67

Post by Stewc67 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:51 am

I have e mailed RPS twice now with no reply. I keep finding front spoilers from different places,mick satur and a few others on Google but can't order any. Does anyone know where you can purchase front spoilers for the mgf ?.
There is a couple on e bay but don't really like them.

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:08 am

Which style are you looking to purchase Stew?

Mike Satur responds best to a telephone call. I suspect that RPS may be the same :)

Good news that RPS are still responding to queries, but I think they're winding down (unless they've found a buyer for the whole business?)

No update on their website since August, but it sounds like they're selling off old stock: https://www.rps-ltd.info/

Stewc67

Post by Stewc67 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:10 am

Hi Rob
Sorry for late reply been for a stay in hospital. I've e mailed RPS but no reply. Seems to be most web sites I go on don't supply the ones I like. Even Mike satur don't seem to do the front spoilers. I keep looking but no joy as yet.
Thanks for your help though Rob
Regards
Stewart

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:04 pm

Try Anglia composites in that case Stew - they're still very much in business and may be able to help if it is the RPS style body kit that you are looking for...