Carcoon for Sale - SOLD

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
Kes
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Carcoon for Sale - SOLD

Post by Kes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 am

Carcoon for sale, size 4, about 14' x 7'. It takes an MGF easily with a couple of feet spare so it should fit most if not all MGs and other cars and/or bikes with no trouble.

The Carcoon is an indoor model, bought in 1999, with the power unit incorporating the long-term storage battery charger. The cover is undamaged (no tears or cuts), the two fans have one blade each missing (I still have all my fingers!). This does not affect the working and I've used it in this state for a couple of years. There are felt filters for the fan which are probably not the last word in micron stopping.

I used to keep the F in a large wooden building: if there were a rise in temp during a cold spell the condensation was terrible, and all on the parts you can't reach or even see. Both the car and I wept. The Carcoon just blows this away, even in damp atmosphere. If the car is put away wringing wet from a run in the rain then within 24 hrs it is dry, underneath and inside, as you can see by looking through the Carcoon at the wheel arch insides. If the windows are left partly opened then the inside is ventilated too. Now we have a new (dry) garage I no longer need the Carcoon.

The bad points to me are that it's a pain to get on and off (unless you're only using the car weekly or so), and you need a method not to scuff the paintwork when you're pulling it on. The good points are that it works and really dries the car, and keeps cats, bird poo, and most of the dust off the car (unless you shut the car/birds etc inside). It is really essential for winter storage in damp or less than perfect surroundings. The backup from George Page at Carcoon is good, any part can be repaired or replaced. I've just replaced the zip runner, the zip itself is plastic and benefits from some light lubrication.

I have recent pics of it fully inflated which I can email to anyone who is interested.

I was thinking of £150 plus any carriage costs (or collect from north Worcs). As far as I remember the Carcoon was around £425 when I bought it.

Please PM me for more details.
Last edited by Kes on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kes
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: Carcoon for Sale

Post by Kes » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:11 pm

A sale has been agreed so I'm holding the Carcoon for the buyer: I'll post again when the sale has been completed.

Rgds.

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: Carcoon for Sale

Post by ScubaStewart » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi kerry, see you on Sunday!