Piper performance VVC exhaust cam & other bits

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
bgunn
MGF Register Region: South East

Piper performance VVC exhaust cam & other bits

Post by bgunn » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I have a perfect condition VVC exhaust cam for sale - the Piper higher lift, longer duration one. This is worth about 8hp on its own, around 12 with a ported head, and was bought for my MG, but since that has been sold is no longer needed.

It's in perfect condition, the phosphate coating has barely been worn off the lobes, so it's in very fine fettle.

RRP on a new one is just under £200 - get this one for £125 (what I paid for it).

PM or email me via the forum if interested.

I also have a set of 23k mile 160PS pistons (on rods) which will be necessary if you're fitting a ported VVC head with this cam to your VVC, as the original 143PS pistons can't stand more than 160hp and even then you're in the lap of the gods.

I have a VVC head that hasn't been skimmed and has a good head surface that I bought for porting but won't need anymore, I can also provide VVC units, valves, springs, caps and cotters for this too - make me a good offer.