For Sale - Black soft top

Do you have MG parts littering your garage that could find a good home with another MG enthusiast? Post it here and avoid those eBay fees!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
The Classifieds section is for members who have surplus items for sale. It doesn't have to be a whole car, or even car related.

If you are buying a car - as per any private sale - it is 'buyer beware' so be careful before buying.

If you are trading for profit please contact us to arrange an advertising deal and become an Official Trader.
pqd44
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MY2000 MGF 1.8 MPi

Post by pqd44 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Black soft top hood with clear plastic rear screen, complete with catches for sale. From a low mileage MY2000 model. Only changing because I swapped the black for a blue hood.

The hood is used but in good condition with no tears or holes. The rear screen is clear but does have some very light scratches which with a little bit of tlc could be improved. The screen is very supple and has no creases or splits. All the seals, catches and zip in good working order.

The hood has some very minor 'scuff' marks as you would expect. The hood was vacuum / cleaned / treated regularly.

You could pick up the hood (near Manchester airport) or I could send it by courier at a cost of ~£30 or you could arrange your own courier.

No reasonable offer from an MGF Register member refused or if you wish to view before you buy, please pm me.
Image The only stupid question is the one that's not asked. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

pqd44

Re: For Sale - Black soft top

Post by pqd44 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 am

Just seen this and remembered I still have the roof for sale
Image The only stupid question is the one that's not asked. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

F3NTN
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by F3NTN » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 am

Could you PM me with a base price?

Desperatley need a new roof but funds are tight at the moment :thumbsd:

pqd44

Post by pqd44 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:48 am

You can have the roof for £70. Only problem I see is that you're in Scotland and I'm 10 miles south of Manchester.

If you came to collect I could help you fit it.

Looking at sending it by courier and due to the size I'll have to wait for them to get back to me with a price :sf:

mal7921
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by mal7921 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 pm

I shipped a soft top using http://www.parcel2go.com last year, as i remember it was about £25 to £30 once it was all wrapped up and 'shock proofed'

Prices may be different now though!

pqd44

Post by pqd44 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks Mal, I use Parcels2go for anything I want to send but due to the size it won't gve a quick quote and asked for details and said an agent would be in touch.

F3NTN
MGF Register Region: Scotland

Post by F3NTN » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

That's an excellent price, trying to figure out if it's better for me to come to you and get some help with fitting or pay for courier and try to fit up here myself :? :lol:

wendy
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: MGF

Post by wendy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

pqd44 wrote:Black soft top hood with clear plastic rear screen, complete with catches for sale. From a low mileage MY2000 model. Only changing because I swapped the black for a blue hood.

The hood is used but in good condition with no tears or holes. The rear screen is clear but does have some very light scratches which with a little bit of tlc could be improved. The screen is very supple and has no creases or splits. All the seals, catches and zip in good working order.

The hood has some very minor 'scuff' marks as you would expect. The hood was vacuum / cleaned / treated regularly.

You could pick up the hood (near Manchester airport) or I could send it by courier at a cost of ~£30 or you could arrange your own courier.

No reasonable offer from an MGF Register member refused or if you wish to view before you buy, please pm me.

Hiya i am looking for a new roof.
Has this one been sold?
I live in west Yorkshire and am willing to collect

thanks
Wendy