Goldenwheels for sale ??surely not???

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

headbummer
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere

Goldenwheels for sale ??surely not???

Post by headbummer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Just been on the .org site and saw this post !!!!!!

""performance mods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a question for you all!!!

Whats the one thing that you have added to you car that you can say has made a real difference to the performance of your car? ""

One reply stated

Honda 2.0 i-VTEC Type R engine

and I just happen to know a man that's selling an MGF with one fitted if anyone is interested.
:o :o

Is this a wind up?? :?

David Clelland
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 MGF Steptronic

Re: Goldenwheels for sale ??surely not???

Post by David Clelland » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't know who Headbummer is, but it doesn't take long for word to get about. Gerry and I have a new project planned (can't say what it is just now) and as a result he decided to sell his ex-police MGB GT V8. Dave Parker of MechSpec bought it and the two of us delivered it to his place on Saturday. The plan was to drop the car off (near Doncaster) and continue on down to Silverstone. However, after checking the weather forecast for the Sunday, we decide to just head back home again. I understand that we made the wrong decision and the weather wasn't that bad. Anyway on the way home, somewhere along the road he decided to sell Goldenwheels. It's not been advertised yet as he needs to put his registration number on retention, but it'll probably go up for sale at the end of the week or the beginning of next week. It's probably one of the best known MGFs in the world and it's certainly got to be one of the fastest road going ones. I know a lot of people on here know the car, but for those that don't here's some of the things that Gerry has done to the car over the years -

Engine:
Honda 2.0 i-VTEC Type R
4-2-1 Large bore manifold hand matched to ports
Straight thro' bespoke single side exit pipe exhaust system by C+C
Direct air feed thro vader enclosed system.
Hondata ecu system mapped by SYSTEMS R. Warrington.
Remote oil manifold supplying oil pressure gauge and led cluster low pres warning light set at 19lb
Extra air cooling supplied by a top mounted Kenlowe electric stator turbine fan. This is manually operated as is the rad fans
FSE high delivery fuel pump
Remote oil filter.

Gearbox:
Honda six speed box with Mike Satur custom 6 speed slick shift

Suspension:
Trophy modified hydrogas spheres linked left to right incorporating variable control valves to allow full setup control from track to shopping.
Koni sports top adjustable shockers
Solid frame mounts
Poly bushes
Rear adjustable arms

Brakes:
Trophy 4 pot
Red spot ceramics’ front and rear
Vented (at front) and groved discs all round

Interior:
Corbuea Targa seats
Luke 4 point harnesses
Mike Satur Boxer Roll Hoops
Oil pressure, fuel pressure, volt and gauges.
Pod mounted large tacho incorporating limit lights
Momo steering wheel and boss

Exterior:
16” Tropht wheels with toyo tyres
Custom front for high volume air cooling
Custom boot lid for high volume air extraction
Custom rear spoiler
Custom made hard top

Scarlet Fever
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 1996 MPi F

Post by Scarlet Fever » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Wow, i never thought i'd see the day...

I'll be sad to see it go (not quite sure how Gerry can part with it), but hope it goes to another enthusiast (it needs to) and wish him all the best with the sale. :cry:
Andrew Phillips

himself
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by himself » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Scarlet Fever wrote:Wow, i never thought i'd see the day...

I'll be sad to see it go (not quite sure how Gerry can part with it), but hope it goes to another enthusiast (it needs to) and wish him all the best with the sale. :cry:

hi andy

thanks for the good wishes but all things must pass.

after selling the old police v8 last week and not feeling suicidal dc and i had a long talk on the way back and we then decided to proceed to our next project ( still classified)
i am getting less and less time on the road,with gw as was the v8 , so now is the time.
the car has still a lot of millage left in it so i hope that it would be kept together but i have had quite a few enquires already from people wishing to convert their own f/tf ( one person enquired about the left to right suspension as he thought of selling them as a retail product )and then selling off the bits left, ie corb seat roll bars etc, but again hopefully it will stay in one piece.
dc and i are doing a rerun next year of the 1955 stirling moss mille miglia and to try to find as many historic tracks in europe i.e the old AVUS track in berlin and drive as much as is left of them so something has to be up and running by then so.
no andy i am not feeling my age but as dc says we need to broaden our horizons and not stay static just for the sake of it and quite frankly i cant thing of anything that could enhance the driving quality of the car.
i will keep in touch , ust thought a zr /s2000 charged????? :twisted:

your pal gerryh