MGF WIPER MOTOR WIRING PROBLEM.

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
GINGGERS
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

MGF WIPER MOTOR WIRING PROBLEM.

Post by GINGGERS » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi
Please help, I have just brought a second hand wiper motor of ebay it came with a different connector (due to my car being P reg the motor came from a mgf after 2000). To cut a long story short I have removed the odd connectors. I am left with some different coloured wires (5 on the motor & 5 on the wiper), please could someone match these wires up so I can connect them to each other.

The MGF wire colours are: Red/Brown, Blue/Green, Brown/Green, Green/Grey, Black.

The wiper motor wire colours are: Red, Black, Blue, Green, Brown.

Cheers
Chris Adair

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: MGF WIPER MOTOR WIRING PROBLEM.

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:09 pm

I did something very similar last year - http://mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/common ... troduction

What I found is that my 1995 MGF had the same wiper motor wire colours as the replacement motor from a late model TF. What I did therefore was to snip off both connectors, and then soldered together the wires from the MGF connector to the matching colour wire on the motor-side harness of the replacement wiper motor. This works a treat, and doesn't require you to know the car loom colours.

My wife has my car at the moment, but if you still need the car wiring loom to wiper motor wiring loom colours then I can probably get that to you later this evening :)

GINGGERS

Post by GINGGERS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have missplaced (lost) the two old connectors. It would be a big help for me if you could match the coloured wires up when your good lady gets home. I look forward to your reply.
all the best
Cheers
Chris

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Ugh! Well, this is a problem... I can't now open the bonnet - looks as though the release mechanism has seized! That'll teach me to wash the car! :rant:

Sorry Chris - I can't get in to check the wire colours, but I am sure that someone else can help? I'll post again when I can actually get into the bonnet space! :(

GINGGERS

Post by GINGGERS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi
ooppps!
Hope you can this problem out?
once you have solved your proplem please can you help me nobody has
contacted me about this issue.
Many Thanks
Chris

Dave_T
Committee Member
Model of Car: TF160 Shot Silk

Post by Dave_T » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Chris,
just checked the wiring diagram & checked against colours on my Trophy
which are as follows :
MGF_________Motor

Red/Green ___Red
Blue/Green ___Blue
Brown/Green __Brown
Green/Slate ___Black
Black_________Green

Hope that helps.

Dave.
Dave T.

05 MY Shot Silk. TF160 (& silly grin whilst driving it!)
MG Car Club Director and MGF Register Committee member

GINGGERS

Post by GINGGERS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi

Thank you for your time, very good news all up and running thanks again for the for all your help.
All the best
Chris