The die is cast....

A place for the South East Region - covering Surrey, South London, Sussex and Kent.

Moderator: TimM

David A
MGF Register Region: South East

The die is cast....

Post by David A » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Hello everyone who remembers Michelle & me! I've just looked at my last post and it was -goodness!- 18 months ago :oops:
I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but this evening I arranged for the beloved Trophy to go to a new home, so this weekend I'll be MG-less for the first time in nearly 10 years! Big sobs!
What makes it worse is coming back to this forum (hasn't changed much I must say ;) ) and remembering what great times we've had with the car, and the company. Even bigger sobs! :cry:
However, like bad pennies, you may be seeing more of us soon, for we have an MG3 on order, just as soon as they can put one together to our spec from the bits on the boat! Hopefully in time for MG90....
Great to see so many familiar names on here keeping the faith!
Best wishes everyone,
David, and Michelle too
Fortibus es in ero

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: The die is cast....

Post by colintf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi David & Michelle

Great to see you back here

I remember Kempenrits and a Classic Le Mans with you

Fancy an overseas trip? Keep a look out for Tour de Lux

11-13 July from memory and this year organised by MGCC Luxembourg and it's for all modern MGs including MG3 :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

ianhunter

Post by ianhunter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi Dave, good to hear from you. Think the last time we met was either on the Highlander or MG Silverstone. Sorry to read about the Trophy but look forward to seeing the MG 3.
Keep in touch and Safety fast,
Ian and Liz :D
TF 160 'oggy of the ampshire ogs' / ZR 160 (sadly now deceased) hooray now resurrected by Dave at Church Square Autos.

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi ..hope all is well with you. A sad day indeed now that the Trophy has gone....still more room in an mg3 for a growing Uke collection?

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

David A

Post by David A » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Colin, we loved going to Mechelen each year - and that Le Mans was, well, Classic! Mustn't forget the epic Sweden raid....
Ian and Liz, Alan Dunlop says an MG3 would be welcome at Nethy Bridge, so holiday cover permitting we may meet at a Highlander again!
Actually Tim the compact proportions of ukuleles make them eminently roadster-compatible - every one should have one! The cavernous interior of the MG3 would be better suited to a double bass player ;-)
No, the main reason for the switch is that Ruby's 17, and the MG3 will be good for her to learn to drive in. The controls are nice to use, the engine is unlikely to bite anyone's bum (!) and it's a low insurance group. Besides that, the handling should prove to be great fun; daddy's looking forward to chucking it at a few roundabouts!
But I must be patient; the dealer tells me it's likely to be mid-April before I get one.
The Trophy is going to a good home; its new owner is looking forward to spending more time than I could getting it ship-shape for the summer. Since I started commuting by train the F just stood on the drive turning green - what a waste! It needs to be driven, so I'm glad it's going to someone who will take care of it.
See everyone soon, I hope, enjoy the sunshine if and when it appears ;-)
David
Fortibus es in ero

Bigfootmgf
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Post by Bigfootmgf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Sad Day indeed you could say the same for mine as its not moved much since I lost my Job In January but I hope when I get another one soon it will be back having fun and staying reliable!

Hope to see you this year sometime! :thumbsu:
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page