MGFifteen road runs - 1st August

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

MGFifteen road runs - 1st August

Post by Keith Williams » Thu May 06, 2010 1:02 pm

We are organising 4 roads runs into Gaydon on Sunday the 1st August to arrive at the museum as MGF15 opens.
The runs will be starting from the 4 main compass points surrounding Gaydon.

North run – will start from the Tamworth services, junction 10 on the M42 (organised by the HoE region of the Register)

East run – will start from the Northampton services, junction 15A on the M1 (organised by the SMS region of the Register).

South run – will start from Abingdon, close to Kimber House, but not from the house itself (organised by the TVR region of the Register)

West run – will start from Worcester Woods County Park - off Junction 6 or 7 of the M5 (organised by the 3CMG region of the Register)

All tickets can be booked through the Heritage museum for the road runs & the event itself.
http://events.heritage-motor-centre.co. ... fteen.html

The club code needed to get your price reduction for the road run is on page 10 in the May edition or page 90 in the June edition ot page 51 of the July edition of Safety Fast OR page 37 of FTF18. The club code gives you the discounted road run price & camping price but can only be obtained via the Heritage phone line 01926 287728. It will not work through their online booking system

Tickets will be sent out within a couple of weeks of the event. Please remember to tell Gaydon which road run you wish to join. Start details will be posted out with the tickets.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: MGFifteen road runs - 1st August

Post by adrianclifford » Thu May 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Keith, unless I'm needed to be at Gaydon early, the European cars and myself would join the north run with you.

I'll see what they want to do (nurse hangovers maybe and make a later direct start :lol: )
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Hi Keith, unless I'm needed to be at Gaydon early, the European cars and myself would join the north run with you.
That could be good news Adrian if you join the North run as I may need a 'starter' for the run on the day as I think I WILL be needed early at Gaydon so can't be in two places at once :)

Phil MGFPM
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2001 mpi in JAJ

Post by Phil MGFPM » Fri May 14, 2010 10:48 am

Are dumb questions allowed for newbies? :? I have bought my ticket for MGF15. But can I now also join the south road run, do I re-ring Heritage MC to 'upgrade' my ticket? When is the Abingdon start likely to be, approx? And if I just turn up at Gaydon, will there be a sign-posted place for MGF Register folks to park? Thanks
Previously owned '98 F 1.8mpi bought 2008; then a '97 F Mk1 1.8 VVC in nightfire red, bought 2011; now a '01 F 1.8mpi in tahiti blue, bought Nov-19

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 am

Phil MGFPM wrote:Are dumb questions allowed for newbies? :? I have bought my ticket for MGF15. But can I now also join the south road run, do I re-ring Heritage MC to 'upgrade' my ticket? When is the Abingdon start likely to be, approx? And if I just turn up at Gaydon, will there be a sign-posted place for MGF Register folks to park? Thanks
No questions are dumb - some of the answers might be though :lol:

If you wish to join the South run, yes, just re ring the Heritage museum and apply for the run ticket specifying a SOUTH start point. The tickets will be not come out until closer to the event so they still can sort you out. The start will be around 8:00 ish to get to the museum for show opening at 10:00. Details on the start will be issued later.

Parking at MGF15 will not be by Register but all F/TFs will be parking together on the aprons infront of the museum. Other MGs will be parked separately. Non MGs will be parked in the top car park.

tanamana
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: TF LE500 - no. 60

Post by tanamana » Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi Keith.
Does the Heritage Museum have a website - and if so, any chance of a hyperlink
through to it ?
Also, contact details to them in your first post would be very useful. I know nothing about
the Heritage Museum, and would like to know more.
Being new and all. :)
Happiness is a cool car *

internet@mgfregister.org
Twitter - @origato
Facebook - The MGF Register

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Ruth, here's the web-site for the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon : http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

tanamana

Post by tanamana » Fri May 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Ta everso. :)

internet@mgfregister.org
Twitter - @origato

Phil MGFPM
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2001 mpi in JAJ

Post by Phil MGFPM » Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Keith, Have just spoken to the Heritage Centre - they say for the road run discounted price I need a discount code from the car club. My membership number was not what they wanted. Presumably you can't advertise this on this site, but where do I find out what the code is. Is it in FastForward or Safety First?
Phil
Previously owned '98 F 1.8mpi bought 2008; then a '97 F Mk1 1.8 VVC in nightfire red, bought 2011; now a '01 F 1.8mpi in tahiti blue, bought Nov-19

tanamana

Post by tanamana » Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

SafetyFAST - May edition - page 10 - :)

internet@mgfregister.org
Twitter - @origato

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Phil MGFPM wrote:Keith, Have just spoken to the Heritage Centre - they say for the road run discounted price I need a discount code from the car club. My membership number was not what they wanted. Presumably you can't advertise this on this site, but where do I find out what the code is. Is it in FastForward or Safety First?
Phil
As Ruth mentioned the club code is on page 10 in the May edition of Safety Fast OR page 37 of FTF18.
The club code gives you the discounted road run price & camping price but can only be obtained via their phone line 01926 287728

Softly~Softly
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF1.8VVC TF135. 160

Post by Softly~Softly » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Ok another slightly dumb question !
How do I know what my membership number is ?
I joined the forums but not sure how to "Join" if you get what I mean ..
I will be coming from Stratford upon Avon where would my best pick up point be for the run in ?
Is there anyone else coming from my area ?
Thanks so much
Jan

Errrrrr I have found out how to join the MG Club ;)
Last edited by Softly~Softly on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For all MG/Rover .. MGWW MGWorldWide https://www.facebook.com/groups/midland ... p_activity

sparky135
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:42 pm

As Keith rightly said there is no such thing as a dumb question.

The membership number referred to in the above posts is the MG Car Club membership number. If you are a member of the MG Car Club your membership number can be found on your membership card. Being an MGCC member entitles you to a discount to the event and free entry to the competitions held at the event.

Joining the forum does not necessarily mean you are a member of the MGCC of which the MGF Register is a part. MGCC Membership details can be found here.

There are 4 start points for the runs into the event located roughly at the 4 cardinal points of the compass around Gaydon. Because of the requirement to "sign on" to take part in the runs you would need to make your way to the start point closest to you in order to take part. You will not be able to join the run in en-route. That being the case, I'm guessing the closest start point for you in Stratford upon Avon will the the West Run starting at Worcester Woods County Park - off Junction 6 or 7 of the M5.

Hope that helps. Feel free to post if you have any further questions. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

Softly~Softly
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF1.8VVC TF135. 160

Post by Softly~Softly » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks John, new to all this and finding it highly addictive ..
Have just joined the MG Club, so will fill out rest of forms etc as soon as I have my membership number ..
Thank you very much for the help ..
For all MG/Rover .. MGWW MGWorldWide https://www.facebook.com/groups/midland ... p_activity

sparky135
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Post by sparky135 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 pm

No problems.

Happy to help. Look forward to meeting you at Gaydon. :thumbsu:
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk