Thames Bridges & Tunnels Charity Road Run - 7th September

A listing of up and coming events and latest register news.

Moderator: Committee Members

gwp
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Re: Thames Bridges & Tunnels Charity Road Run - 7th Septembe

Post by gwp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 am

Just wanted to add my thanks for the well organised and planned event - I know an enourmous amount of effort goes into planning events like this and it is very much appreciated. My navigator, Lynne, enjoyed her first MGF event and also sucessfully followed the tulip diagrams (having no previous experience) withou us going wrong at all - although in a few places that was more by luck than judgement!

Very much enjoyed seeing some parts of London that we didn't really know existed and are already planning a revisit to "explore" the Captin Kidd and other pubs along the river there more extensively :D
MGF 1.8 VVC - 52mm Alloy Throttle Body & K&N 57i Filter

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Thames Bridges & Tunnels Charity Road Run - 7th Septembe

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Grahame, when you are in the area walk along the whole length from St. Katherine's Dock via the route you drove and you can visit all of the pubs returning either the same way or jump on the train at Shadwell Station to somewhere else. Follow the Wapping Stairs which runs some of the way behind the pubs and you can see the river side of the pubs, that is very interesting and at the back of the Prospect of Whitby you can still see Executioners Dock with the hangman's noose still in place, again there are stairs leading down to the water. It's fascinating Dawn and I often walk along there and have a pint in each of the pubs, don't forget you also have "The Dickens Inn" situated in the heart of St. Katherines Dock, it's completely fake and has nothing to do with Charles Dickens but it's a lovely old pub and there's a circular Starbucks there too.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.