Warwickshire, Birmingham & surrounds.

Moderator: Steve White

petevick
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

FAO Keith

Post by petevick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 pm

Keith, dare I ask if your engine is still behaving its self :|
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: FAO Keith

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Pete

Not so bad but not quite perfect yet.

Did xmas natter and car was fine and went to Alan & Jeanette's wedding at Wookey and the temperature reading was slightly suspect on way down even though nothing seemed a miss with the coolant etc. but it soon settled down. Did get a rapid rise in temp just as I got home and again system seemed OK and seemed to settle OK. Hoped it was a hiccup only.

Since temp at times not steady and coolant level not stable too - up and down in reservoir - car is going back in either tonight or on Friday for a check of the system and a possible rebleed. Not sure if temp sensor playing up?

Other than the above, the engine pulls well and I just need to get confidence back in the car to start enjoying it again. Also need to find my air pipes for the K&N as if the garage actually refiited them, they have dropped off since or they are still in the box of bits at the garage still awaiting delivery to my house!!!
Last edited by Keith Williams on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

petevick
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by petevick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:11 pm

hmmm, my coolant level has been up and down recently, I'm blaming the expansion cap for not sealing at tho mo.
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Have changed my cap just in case but the pressure seems to be held OK in the system so don't think this is the problem with mine.

Car is into the garage this afternoon for a once over on the cooling system. Just getting it in before they close up for the holidays.

update: car was looked at in garage this afternoon. Even with all the bleeding they previously did, there was a lot of air in the radiator. This could have led to the symptoms I was getting. Time will tell. Car seemed OK this afternoon if still a little nosiy on tick over.

Found my air pipes in garage too. Mechanic little embaressed as that was the last job he told me he was doing and he then went and forgot them to ensure I got the car back that Friday. lol. Let him off as todays investigation cost me nothing.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE