Model of Car: 2000 F VVC

New Shiny Shiny - do I go too far?

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:01 pm

PHLEB
MGF Register Region: North West

Re: New Shiny Shiny - do I go too far?

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:07 pm

As the F is still in the Garage getting sorted this will have to wait until later on in the week before i can fit it - but cant wait to see it in situ :xmas:

Mark L

Post by Mark L » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:19 pm

TBH I like 'G', did think about one for my old 'F' but MGFC price was just silly!! :cry:

Perhaps you could get the door caps done to match........ plastic can be 'chromed'.. :)

Any verdict yet on your F's problem by the way??..

PHLEB

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm

plastic can be 'chromed'..

Are the door caps plasitic I thought they''d be the same alloy as the gaiter ring (or something like)

the ring is polished - not chromed - if I'd have the time and elbow grease i could have done it myself but £30 aint too bad when somebody else does the hard work. May polish up the spare one and get it on fleabay

Probs with the F - leads and plugs they reckon but also getting rear brakes done and a full service at the same time qouted £236 for the lot - I'm happy :party:

Mark L

Post by Mark L » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:16 pm

PHLEB wrote:plastic can be 'chromed'..

Are the door caps plasitic I thought they''d be the same alloy as the gaiter ring (or something like)

the ring is polished - not chromed - if I'd have the time and elbow grease i could have done it myself but £30 aint too bad when somebody else does the hard work. May polish up the spare one and get it on fleabay

Probs with the F - leads and plugs they reckon but also getting rear brakes done and a full service at the same time qouted £236 for the lot - I'm happy :party:
Yep!..... plastic can be chromed, Roy Bridge had the side vents on his TF done and looked very nice, can't remember who did them though.. :(

Door caps are plastic and MGFC do them in chrome but doubtless won't be cheap.

PHLEB

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Now I remember - think he had them done in the midlands somewhere.

The guy who did the ring says he'll do the doorcaps too - but i want a set he can play with before i swap 'em rather than give him the set I have on at the min.

Also just swapped the MS speaker rings to chrome instead of the alloy ones too. Statring to all come together at the minute but you know what I'm like :evil: i'll change it all again in a few months

mel123
Model of Car: 1997 brg mgf

Post by mel123 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Looks cool mate.That must have taken some work. I tried paint stripper on the one i had. (nitomures)....it never touched it.
"do i go to far ?".........nar can,t have to much chrome :D :D
Mel

1997 BRG MGF

PHLEB

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:05 pm

mel123 wrote:Looks cool mate.That must have taken some work. I tried paint stripper on the one i had. (nitomures)....it never touched it.
"do i go to far ?".........nar can,t have to much chrome :D :D
Mel
It wasn't painted :lol: - it was matt finish alloy - now you know why i may need some new trim :D

m600von
Model of Car: Tigra sport 1.8

Post by m600von » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 pm

Looks nice Gordon! the cant be much more you can make shiny lol.... been busy with mine got new chrome door handles a new spoiler fitted last Saturday.....a friend of cols from work done the paint on it made up with it really good color match..... early christmas present! and you know ive got my hardtop and rear de-mister on now! its much better now... with me being nosey i like to see whats behind me lol :santax2: hate this weather though car is dirty all the time! roll on the summer!

PHLEB

Post by PHLEB » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 pm

m600von wrote:Looks nice Gordon! the cant be much more you can make shiny lol.... been busy with mine got new chrome door handles a new spoiler fitted last Saturday.....a friend of cols from work done the paint on it made up with it really good color match..... early christmas present! and you know ive got my hardtop and rear de-mister on now! its much better now... with me being nosey i like to see whats behind me lol :santax2: hate this weather though car is dirty all the time! roll on the summer!

Just got a Wax Wizard (rotary polisher) from Costco last week makes waxing and polishing a doddle

something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-POLISHING-BUF ... dZViewItem

ask Col to put it in your stocking for christmas - although your legs may look a bit lumpy while you dish out the chrimbo dinner :xmas: :xmas:

rob5059
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by rob5059 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:09 pm

Hi Guys.....Happy Christmas to everybody by the way :xmas:

The chrome bit looks good G......the guy who does the chromming of plastic is:

Dual Metallising Limited

Unit 12/14 The Business Centre,
James Road, Tyseley,
Birmingham, B11 2BA

Telephone 0121 708 2748