Hello from newbie 75LE MGF owner in Bucks

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

BettyMGF75LE
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 75 LE

Hello from newbie 75LE MGF owner in Bucks

Post by BettyMGF75LE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi everyone - I'm Jo, and I am the proud of owner of Black Betty - my 75th Anniversary limited edition MGF - number 433 of 2000.

Betty is the black variant (hence the name, bestowed by her pevious owner who, shock horror, decided that she preferred a German car and sold me Betty) with red leather interior and roof, plus black hard top. She also has black alloys - but I haven't yet seen a 75LE with black alloys in any pics, so suspect these have been dipped at some stage.

We owned a 1974 chrome bumper midget (one of the last chrome ones out) back in the mid-late 90s, which I used as my every day car, sadly having to sell "Bridget" when my commute went from 5 miles a day to 70 miles a day. Then kids came along......and we now have a 12 year old car bonkers son (and 9 year old less car bonkers daughter, but working on that...) and we decided to get back into MG world, came across Betty on eBay, and fell in love!

So, she has been with us now about 3 weeks, stored in the dry for now, with the odd run out in store for winter (once we get the wiper motor replaced; the wipers packed up the morning we collected the car, but the lovely previous owner gave us some money off!) - then can't wait for the spring to come.

According to online stats, there are only 155 of these 75LE's still on the road in the UK (and 50 SORN) - so of the 500 produced for the UK market, there are relatively few left. I am really interested to hear from other 75LE owners.

We live on the Bucks / Oxon border, so hope to see some of you at TV events - or anywhere at all!

(I don't think I have managed to create an avatar although have tried!)
Proud owner of "Black Betty"

garytipping
Model of Car: TF 160

Re: Hello from newbie 75LE MGF owner in Bucks

Post by garytipping » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi and Welcome,

I'm Gary, I've recently taken on the role of South Midlands Rep. I'm based in Buckingham and I'm guessing you're not too far away.

We are planning a week end lunch time meet as soon as I can get it organised, and some events next year. We also attend the MGCC Natter at the Shoulder of Mutton, Little Horwood on the second Thursday of each month, you would be most welcome.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gary

south.midlands@mgfregister.org

BettyMGF75LE

Post by BettyMGF75LE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Gary
I live in Twyford, so not far away at all! I know the Shoulder of Mutton well (my company used to be based in Great Horwood, before we moved to MK recently) so it would be great to meet some new people with a similar interest. I won't promise to be able to bring Betty during the winter though as she is stored in my husbands business unit in Marsh Gibbon for the winter, but will be proud to show off pics (I feel like a new mum with a baby!).

The South Midlands groups suit me better than TV to be honest, as I work in MK, so glad to hear from you - and it would be good to know of what you have planned.

Many thanks

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Welcome to the MGF Register forum :thumbsu:
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

BettyMGF75LE

Post by BettyMGF75LE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you Keith!

I have managed to work out how to upload a pic - so here is Betty :D
betty.jpg
betty.jpg (12.49 KiB) Viewed 388 times

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi Jo, a good buy indeed, the anniversary models (F and TF) are quite desirable. In the UK you have the black and mulberry versions, in Europe you have just silver. All with red hoods and silver wheels. They were exported all over the world.

Did the previous owner give you the certificate of authenticity, very valued if he did.

Enjoy the car and I hope we meet soon.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Barred
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Barred » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Hello :) I shall hope to see her running around Milton Keynes in the summer months! 70 mile commute or not!!!
Do not invert, contents liable to spill.

BettyMGF75LE

Post by BettyMGF75LE » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Adrian - unfortunately no certificate in the huge pile of papers we got, which is a shame.

Barred - I did take her to the office on the first Monday I had her 3 weeks ago, 40 mile round trip, the 70 miler was the one when I sold the midget, couldn't face the motorway in Bridget! At the moment I can't risk taking her out if there's a possibility of rain as the wiper motor has packed up. I have bought a new (well, secondhand) wiper motor with the arms from ebay, just need to find someone to fit it now.

Look forward to meeting you all soon.

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Post by nigelandjo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the MGF Register Forum.
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319